Career in Animation

Hello everybody!! I graduated in 2008 and I'm currently working as an IT Analyst.I am and I will always be a computer game freak.I want to get into Computer Game animation and development.Please guide me on what should I learn to become a Game designer.Since I'm not good at programming I think I cannot become a developper.Is there any Post Graduate studies which can put me on the track??

PS: You could see some previous posts of mine which were talking about preparing for GMAT.I still am looking forward to do an MBA after 4 or 5 years.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Please don't use bigger fonts in your posts.

You can be a game developer/designer. The first need is to be exceptionally good at c & c++ programming - which is required criteria for game engine development jobs.

Secondly, you'll need to master the leading animation software available in the Industry viz. 3D Studio Max, MAYA etc.

Now, post graduate studies may or may not help. The best way to get started is to look for game developer jobs on the Internet. See what their skill requirements are. Build those skills and go ahead. 😀

All the best.
  • arun_15juin
    arun_15juin
    Thanks Big K.I would want your suggestion about ICAT,Chennai which offers PG Diploma in Game Design.Is it worth it?
  • darlacooper
    darlacooper
    [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Well there are many US based universities that offer online degree for career in animation. You need to surf online for this. Have a look on the course content and the accreditation of the university before enrollment.[/FONT]
  • arun_15juin
    arun_15juin
    thanks a lot!! can u name a few unversities??
  • BookWorm87
    BookWorm87
    I think Animation would be a very fun thing to get into.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hiii...i am a final year mechanical engg student and want to do a final year project on all terrain robot for space or defence application...so, can anyone give me some...
In this fastest world, english is very important language. This language understood in all countries. Education is an important part of life and we can't imagine anything without it. Many...
CEans, We take pride in interviewing world renowned personalities associated with engineering & entrepreneurship through our Small Talks. Complete archive of Small Talks is available here -> Small Talk -...
This Thread is Dedicated to all the Agricultural Engineers in CE and i have added some project titles for you friends. Fabrication of Solar powered tea leaf cutting machine Electricity...
I have seen that many are asking for Projects based on Robotics for your ease i have added some here A robot system for fire fighting in tunnels (IEEE 2005)...