Career Change from Sales to IT

I am a instrumentation engineer currently working in sales and not enjoying my job. I graduated in the year 2010 from Mumbai and since then i switched 4 companies all in sales but not satisfied by doing current job. I want to come in IT as a developer. My logical skills and mathematical calculation are good.can you please suggest me proper options in IT. or should i continue working on sales?? pls suggest

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers, #-Link-Snipped-# . Always remember - Where there is will, there is a way. If you want to switch to IT, you will eventually find a job. However, you will have to evaluate your profile: you've changed 4 companies in four years and that may go against you.

For a job as a developer, I'd recommend that you should join a reputed training institute in your city part-time. Most of the training institutes offer placement assistance and that could be your start.

You may also look at exploring opportunities in your current organisation; which I think would be a better option.

Is that a possibility?
  • Ashutosh#701
    Ashutosh#701
    No..my current company is only into selling design software and and provides services related to that. and i am working as an key account manager. i am not satisfied with the job and th working environment of this company.Pls suggest if i can still switch my careee to IT. i m very confused coz i will have to start from scratch where initially i will getting nothing as a pay.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ashutosh#701
    No..my current company is only into selling design software and and provides services related to that. and i am working as an key account manager. i am not satisfied with the job and th working environment of this company.Pls suggest if i can still switch my careee to IT. i m very confused coz i will have to start from scratch where initially i will getting nothing as a pay.
    Well, you 'can'. But as you'd know it may not be a straightforward process. If you 'really' want to get into IT, be prepared to take a salary cut. It won't be a big deal. The first question to ask is - do you really want to get into software? Do you have any experience of writing software code? Or after getting into software, will you think you entered a wrong profession?

As I said, you WILL eventually find an IT job. You should be ready to make sacrifices in terms of salary, efforts and time. But that all depends on how badly you really want to get into software development domain. The first step would be to build relevant skills-set.
  • Ashutosh#701
    Ashutosh#701
    ok thanks for the advice.the reason behind my career switch is the sales target of every month, every quarter.i am fed up of this. anyway will see if i can continue in sales like this.
  • Ashutosh#701
    Ashutosh#701
    Also why i was think to switch to IT was that even if i get less salary at the start but i can catch up later on may be after 2-3 years in IT.I have a frnd who is very senior and working as an IT head in one of the company. He is ready to give me guidance and full support as i wud be working under him if i join that company. so i asked u if its ryt choice if i start a career in IT from the scratch even at this moment if i want to make my future peace.
  • Ashutosh#701
    Ashutosh#701
    I know i am taking a long 'U' turn in my career but still i want u to ask if even at this stage after 4 years of working, i can switch to IT rather than exploring better opportunity in sales domain. pls help me out. I find sales very tough sometimes.
  • santhosh kumar h t
    santhosh kumar h t
    hi kaisthubh, good evening, i am working as IT analyst.. how is job market in python in india?, i am working in IT support, can i switch to software?couls you suggest me..
  • santhosh kumar h t
    santhosh kumar h t
    hi kaisthubh, good evening, i am working as IT analyst.. how is job market in python in india?, i am working in IT support, can i switch to software?could you suggest me..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone! I'm Pravesh Jain studying BE in ECE (currently in 5th sem).I'm confused about my future like what should i do after BE? My college offers well placement oppurtunities...
new feature in windows 10?????
Last month we informed you that Jolla has partnered with Intex to bring the Sailfish products in India by end of 2015. We now bring you more details about the...
Commuters in Delhi often face the problem of traffic congestion due to political rallies or road blocks, religious processions, accidents and strikes that are common in the nation's capital. To...
Micromax Informatics aka Micromax, the Gurgaon based mobile and consumer electronics company is all set to develop its own mobile operating system. The new operating system is expected to power...