career advice:technology switching or M.tech?

I have worked in an IT company on as/400 development for 1.5 yrs , then i took a gap of 2 years to crack GATE i could not make into IITs( AIR 8000 )I have done B.E ECE (2012 passout fron VTU ) now i am trying to come back to the same industry: but due to reasons
1.gap in the career
2. .... and only few companies( IBM, Galaxe . 2 or 3 ...) are hiring resources for as/400 synon development ( as/400 is mainframe technlogy , Synon is a tool used )
I am finding it very difficult to get job its been 1 year am trying ,

I need the advice from you guys on this ,
1. should i switch the technology?
if yes : which one is better or having more job opportunities , like: .NET , or JAVA or big data .... or etc?
2.should i stay back in the same technology i.e AS/400 synon?
but here am trying to find jobs from one year , am refreshing my skills , but no interview calls yet ,
3. should i join state universities for M.tech ?
which electronics courses are good in karnataka ?

all your opinions are valuable for me , please throw some light on this .
thanks in advance to everybody 😀

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First of all, a very warm welcome to you all and Happy Engineers' Day! Every year, in India we celebrate 15th September as 'Engineers' Day' in the memory of Sri....
Hello to All !! Hope all are fine. I am doing my Bachelor in Electrical and my final year project in progress.. I have select wifi based speed control of...
I have done my bachelors in mechanical engineering from a reputed college in Gujarat (2016 batch) and currently I am employed with Adani group since past 2 months. What I...
Zopo mobiles on Wednesday launched all new Color F1 smartphone at a price tag of Rs. 8,890 in Black, White, and Gold color variants. The USP of the device is...
The recent iPhone 7 Plus showed the world that dual camera setup has gone mainstream. This has been a problem for Android manufactures who have to develop their own hardware...