carburizing of medium carbon steel

Dear All,
Let me introduce first. I am new to this forum. Myself Amit from India. This sounds real crazy to do carburizing for a medium to high carbon steel but we have a requirement to do carburizing on SAE1065 material.
Our aim is to enrich the carbon on the surface to 0.9 to 1%. After that this materials will go for a surface coating process which requires carbon underneath the surface.
Can anyone tell me what is the method to check the ECD for this kind of carburizing? Whether microhardness traverse method will be able to distinguish any hardness deflection point correspond to ECD?

Regards
Amit

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans might be frequently using online payment facilities for buying goods or transferring money. What are the best and safest online payment processing options? Also please share your experiences regarding...
What should a Crazy Engineers Wedding Ring look like? I was searching for some images, when I found this - ๐Ÿ˜
Hi, im dng my final yr EEE. I like to do project in wireless electricity please guide me,. and my another title s Energy Hub,.. i like to do ths...
hey friends. . .its abhi here. .i m co-ordinating a food sensory evaluation event. Just wanted some awesome starting lines to make an interesting event description....
Robots in the driving seat? | News | The Engineer