Carburetors

The device which mixes air and fuel and supplies the engine with this air-fuel mixture is called a carburettors.It is connected before the engine.A simple carburettor consists of three basic parts.
1.Air horn
2.Float bowl and
3.A throttle body
Now, there is one type of carburettor called as fixed-venturi carburettor.The so called venturi is nothing but the partial vacuum produced due to air flow in carburettor.The region where this partial vacuum is produced is called venturi.The venturi is a small and restricted space.
The air flows in carburettor because the pressure outside is atmospheric while that inside is below atmospheric pressure.
The fuel tank supplies fuel to float bowl with the help of a pump.
Because of the pressure difference the fuel is pushed through the nozzle.The fuel then mixes with the incoming air.
The throttle valve is a component which allows the air to enter in the carburettor.
The more the vacuum generated the more air flows inside.
There is also a type of carburettor called as variable venturi carburettor.So by the name can you guess its working???

Replies

• rajufive
    rajufive
    according to the load acting on the vehicle
    it can provide a various amount of vacuum creation
  • gohm
    gohm
    Good job! I'd just tweak the intro to be one type of device that mixes fuel with air is a carburetor. There are multiple ways to achieve this for an ICE in addition to carbs.
  • vignesh sp
    vignesh sp
    great why carburetors are not used now?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone ever wonder about oils? Oils are gift of nature to mankind.We sometimes use oils as lotions.But I am talking about lubricating oils.Don't try to use them as lotions.๐Ÿ˜...
Hello everyone, Can anyone tell me how to apply for universities in Japan?Is there any exam like GATE for M.TECH? I am currently pursuing Mechanical engineering and I am in...
Hello This is Dheeraj from Visakhapatnam,India. I am a budding RC modeller/pilot very much interested in it. this has started a just a time pass for me and now this...
Future Energy Systems: Integrating Renewable Energy Sources into the Smart Power Grid Through Industrial Electronics this is an ieee paper i cannot able to download it so please those who...
hi guys, ever wondered why the moon looks white , sometimes it glows with yellow too. Answers welcome..