Car Radio Ideas

Hello all,

Me and some colleagues of mine plan to make a presentation in our company sometime in future regarding what consumers would like to have in their Car radio. I would request you all to put forth your wishes. It could be anything from a simple tuner to something crazy and complex like a Wi-Max enabled Video player that can decode mp4, divx, h.264 and anything below the sun.

I shall collect all your ideas until Wednesday, 12th March (i.e next week). Try to put in anything and everything that comes to your mind.

Thanks a lot for all your time and help.

Cheers
Karthik

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    So, I guess we want ideas about the car music/video player, not just a radio, right?

My only* feature request :

Not more than 4 buttons please on the player please! 😁 (My Sony X - Plod has 20,000 buttons on it).

ps: *Will add more later.
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    how about having radium type of outer look and controlled by remote control.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ya know, if you start implementing all kinds of features, you might as well call it a computer πŸ˜‰ Im sure thats what the future holds.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    Ya know, if you start implementing all kinds of features, you might as well call it a computer πŸ˜‰ Im sure thats what the future holds.
    Actually, that's very true and I thought the same when I read the post. Add all the features and we'll have a small computer instead of a radio player.

Anyway, I've few more feature requests:-

1. The radio should automatically bond with the bluetooth devices / phones. So when my phone rings, the radio should mute OR act as a bluetooth car kit.

2. No doubt, it should bond with ipod & zune.

3. Crazy: It should choose a select a station for me depending on the time or weather 😁

This idea comes from observing my uncle who prefers to listen to classical music in the morning.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Hi Big K,

1) Already available Check out the Hamburg MP57 radio from Blaupunkt in market.
    2) I am pretty sure about ipod, but what is zune ???
    3) Really crazy - i can say that for radio stations that support RDS/RBDS, you can search and play stations based on genre (like classical, news, rock, etc). but regarding mp3 songs, browsing based on the id3 tag (which includes the genre) should also be possible. but choosing something automatically seems like AI which is too much for a car radio.

Anyway let the ideas flow !!!!

Karthik
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    reachrkata
    Hi Big K,

1) Already available Check out the Hamburg MP57 radio from Blaupunkt in market.
    2) I am pretty sure about ipod, but what is zune ???
    3) Really crazy - i can say that for radio stations that support RDS/RBDS, you can search and play stations based on genre (like classical, news, rock, etc). but regarding mp3 songs, browsing based on the id3 tag (which includes the genre) should also be possible. but choosing something automatically seems like AI which is too much for a car radio.

Anyway let the ideas flow !!!!

Karthik
    Oh I see. Zune is Microsoft's iPod 😁 Check it out on Microsoft's website.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I like the first feature. Hearing the caller through the car stereo speakers makes an interesting experience!

Make RDS standard too. Preferably with traffic reports and the like πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    ah crap, I didnt see the two new posts πŸ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys.....does anybody have idea of cryogenics ....how could we achieve temperature upto 4 kelvin...n where such a low temperature required???tell me in detail..as soon as possible....if u could...thanks.
Hi! πŸ˜€ HELP!Please help me solve these 3 questions Base on the following informations https://ihs.meric.hk/rforum.php/171727.jpg Solve the following 2 questions https://ihs.meric.hk/rforum.php/171728.jpg Question c) Discuss what is a "defective product" in...
πŸ˜’ Hi guys...! m giving seminar on "Intrusion detection System"... So please can anybudy give me an Algorithm related to IDS? Its Compulsory to include algo... I have searched a...
is there any way can control a model car's(not too light) start and breakdown? i know a little about ABS for break,but not much clear about the particular application used...
I came to know about this nice website while reading CEan Kidakaka's blog - Who? Me?? Check out - OurOwnBook.com - Anyone can Write! OOB allows collaborate with writers from...