Car 12v-5.6v converter

hi!

i am new here.
i wanted to make a car adapter for my external hdd.

the aim is to convert 12v dc car battery output to
a constant 5.6v 2A for the hard drive to be powered.

one of my friend in electronics tried to make one but it dint work. can someone help me from scratch??

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well you can use a regulator,which are available in market for limiting your voltage as for current,you can go for op-amp based current amplifier,then rugalte the voltage.....if u want any further clarification do post

imdevu
    hi!

i am new here.
    i wanted to make a car adapter for my external hdd.

the aim is to convert 12v dc car battery output to
    a constant 5.6v 2A for the hard drive to be powered.

one of my friend in electronics tried to make one but it dint work. can someone help me from scratch??
  • imdevu
    imdevu
    @ sauravgoswami

thanks for the reply,
    but man since i m from IT field have no clue about haw to make it.

I would need more clarifications for sure.
    and a ckt diag would be an icing on the cake...

thanks in advance.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    ok dude....i wil try my best....once its done i will post u
  • imdevu
    imdevu
    thanks man...

looking forward to see your reply...
  • sanih
    sanih
    see this:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Hemanth *Engineering Trade:I.T Location:Bangalore *Occupation: (Student Unemployed) *Hobbies & Interests: Makin fren. *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I'm A CRAZY ENGG...
๐Ÿ˜ Hi I am glad to be a crazy engineer. I am feeling good to join this . Gudbye
I want to know the security issues associated with any login page. and how can we break the security using SQL injections. Please give me some example queries and descriptions....
Hi all, If i am configuring clustering in my win2k3 server. it never goes to stop, only one way is to stop it , reinstall the server. Pls. give some...
CEans, The essential part of being a Crazy Engineer is the ability to think beyond the obvious and innovating. No idea is stupid, no new thought would be laughed at....