Capacitor and flywheel

Is the working principle of capacitor and flywheel are same?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    N.SACHIN
    Is the working principle of capacitor and flywheel are same?
    Both store energy. However, the cap stores it as separated electric charges and the flywheel stores it as momentum.
    Capacitor:

Flywheel:
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    Thank you very much sir and very good info. And how the inner negative charges of plate 2 reduce the potential of plate 1?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    N.SACHIN
    how the inner negative charges of plate 2 reduce the potential of plate 1?
    Each negative charge cancels one positive charge. To that extent the potential decreases. The potential difference is directly linked with the number of separated charges. The video on capacitors have linked videos that develop the topic further.
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    why we use capacitor only for single phase and not for three phase ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    superb sir A.V.Ramani and thank you very much.
  • Kartik Halnor
    Kartik Halnor
    Were its necessary to ensure the for large energy storage we required large diameter fly wheel for small work like press machine??
    There only press operation will be done within soconds so why a large size fly wheel are necessary??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi frnds. i am working on pic16f877a controller. i have a doubt, can we use both RB0/EXT interrupt and RB PORT CHANGE interrupt in the same isr, with each interrupt...
Wed, Mar 16, 2016 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM IST Free Webinar. Register here: Registration
i don't know how and where to start my preparation.suggest me some ideas and could you please provide me the syllabus for IES exam for ECE department?
Project Abstract / Summary : In India the number of road accidents are increasing exponentially every year. The total number of road accidents that occurred in India during 2014 is...
Project Abstract / Summary : The Idea of Sharing Battery power in Mobile phones just like Easy-Going Bluetooth modules is novice and not widely implemented. Here we Provide with a...