Canon 5DS And Canon 5DS R Are The Highest Resolution DSLR Cameras In The World

For quite some time now, the rumors about the specifications of Canon’s next DSLR camera have been floating around. It was expected that Canon will launch its next SLR in January but instead it launched the Canon PowerShot Sx530 Camera Launched At Budget Price In India At Rs. 21,995 at the CES 2015 event. Well, now Canon has finally come out of hiding and how. Canon will soon launch two of its SLR variants: Canon 5DS and Canon 5DS R. With the 50 megapixels full frame sensor, these two cameras will be the highest resolution SLR cameras the world has ever seen.

Cynics might believe that 50 MP is just a marketing strategy by Canon, but its other specification are no joke. In both the variants, the image will be clear and boosted because of the Dual DIGIC 6 image processors. Also, the mirror-vibration control system will ensure minimum camera shake so that desired pictures can be obtained even in low-light conditions. They will have 61 autofocus points out which 41 are the cross type. Just like Canon 7D Mark II, these cameras too will have a 100% field of view.

canon

The camera will offer shutter speeds from 30 seconds to 1/8000 seconds. With so large a shutter, it is natural to expect a high ISO handling capacity especially during bird and sports photography which Canon 5DS and its variant will offer. The cameras will come with a maximum ISO of 12800. Additionally, both the cameras provide the cropped shooting modes. Even in cropped resolution mode of 1.3x and 1.6x, the cameras will still offer high-resolution images of 30.5 MP and 19.6 MP respectively. The difference between 5DS and 5DS R is that the R variant will cancel all low-pass filter effect. In layman’s terms it means that the R version will offer sharper images than its counterpart.

With so much to offer, it is natural that the camera will cost a lot. Canon said that 5DS will cost $3700 and 5DS R will cost $3900. The exact availability date is still kept under wraps by Canon, but it is speculated that the cameras will reach the markets in late March or early April.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm not sure if adding more megapixels is going to make any difference unless you are a professional who likes to print your photos. I just hope some day, these cameras offer native 16:9 photo capture. What say?
  • Chirayu Samarth
    Chirayu Samarth
    That might be the case, but megapixels will make a whole lot of difference if you wish to crop a part of the image that you have clicked, especially when it is a very small part!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope some day, these cameras offer native 16:9 photo capture. What say?
    16:9 will be waste of pixels. photos comes in circle but to get standard they crop it to 4:3. That means if you go for native only to 16:9 that is just wastage.
    For composition you can get find in camera setting to shoot in 16:9, otherwise crop is already there.
    Here is kind of example:
    AR
    50mp will make difference while shooting RAW. But not sure how good it will be. You have a bottle of ink either you spread it to A4 size or A3 size. You know which one will look better.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thanks for the clarification, #-Link-Snipped-# . I wonder how many MBs will every RAW capture will consume.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Canon 5d Mark III produces ~30mb raw file with 24Mp. So it would be close to 50Mb raw file.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    50mb! Holy kaw! Photographers might need to eventually buy a new > 500 TB hard disk alongside the precious DSLR. 😲

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Japan's Huis Ten Bosch theme park will soon have a hotel named "Henn Na", run mostly by robots. If you do not like humans, this hotel would guarantee the isolation...
I have not attended any placement drive which does not have aptitude. Although i strongly feel it should not be so. I mean there can be times when some people...
The latest Celkon Mobiles smartphone is being promoted as the cheapest selfie phone. Running on Android v4.4.2 (KitKat) operating system, the Celkon Millennia ME Q54 smartphone is powered by a...
Project Abstract / Summary : Our project idea is to provide medical details for past reference of patients medical details to his future generation along with the predication of diseases...
As we see daily there is news of some big brands getting hacked,no matter how much security they add ,Any of big hacking groups manage to hack them i.e. thepiratebay...