Can We Use Bypass Capacitors?

I've been wondering why do we use bypass capacitors? What's the specific purpose they're used in electronic circuits?

Replies

• shobhraj123
    shobhraj123
    can anybody tell me the function of bypass capacitors in amplifier???
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Bypass capacitors are used to bypass (shunt) unwanted signals to the ground. A common use is in power supplies where a bypass capacitor is connected in parallel with the main filter capacitor to shunt noise and other high frequency interference to ground which the main capacitor may not be able to do.
  • praba230890
    praba230890
    In amplifiers filter capacitors are used to filter the unwanted frequency(noise) from the signal or power. As this filter capacitors are not capable of filter all noises of different frequency levels. So in order to get rid of all noises we are employing bypass capacitors. The name itself tells you it's purpose. It will bye pass the unwanted frequencies as said by the praveenscience in last post.

By connecting the low pass or high pass filter in parallel to the main capacitor as per our requirement eliminate the noises. I think, you know well that why we are connecting bypass capacitors in parallel instead of connecting in series.
    These links can help you more#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Burt Rutan's delivered his final design that he designed prior to his reitement in April 2011: Burt Rutan’s Scaled Composites Delivers Model 367 “BiPod” – A Flying Hybird Car -...
CEans, I invite all of you to inform us about the college events, tech-fests, gatherings and everything scheduled in this year. For better visibility, it's better to start a new...
i need help to find good a good materials and metallurgical engineering project and seminar to do in my final year.
Hello, all. I am Carolin. New here, nice to meet you. I am here to learning from you and share what i know to you.
Using Light to Send Data Across the Room Using Light to Send Data Across the Room - NYTimes.com