can somebody clarify my doubt regarding contract between employee and employer

I signed the contract in my company to work for 2.5 years. If I breach the contract I need to pay 75000.(they said).

I also heard.," if you breach contract there will not be any such penalty.according to the indian law, it is not a valid one." my uncle said..

If I get a good job I planned to jump to that company..But please clarify whether any such penalty is possible? Would the indian court consider that case?

PS: the contract is on 20rs india non judcal stamp paper

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Typically, no one cares about the contract. For example, if another company hires you; you may negotiate with them and make them pay the amount. Not very familiar with the legal aspects of it.
  • csiscool
    csiscool
    What i want to know is,

assume I am working for x. If I signed contract or employeemnt agreement. and after one month If I dont go for that company , what will be result? whether they can take action against me?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    csiscool
    What i want to know is,

assume I am working for x. If I signed contract or employeemnt agreement. and after one month If I dont go for that company , what will be result? whether they can take action against me?
    "Can they"? Yes, they can. However, it depends on the exact clauses mentioned in the contract. Does your contract mention anything about it?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    This is why its important to take contracts seriously before signing them. Does India have an arbitration service when it comes to employment contract disputes?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... ? ? ? + ? ? ? --------- = ? ? ? Using each of the digits given above,...
Apple has released the latest version of its web browser Safari (5.0.1) for Widows and Mac platforms. The latest version comes with extensions which can be downloaded from here: Apple...
Switzerland based Day Software which makes web content management systems aimed at marketers. TechCrunch Reports: Many of Adobe’s products, such as Illustrator and Photoshop, are used already to create marketing...
Eric Schmidt has commented that Google Me isn't being developed - since the world does not need another copy of Facebook. The Wall Street Journal reports that Google is trying...
YOU Broadband is quite active in Pune and I wish to know how is the service. They do have few exciting plans, however when it comes to service it's impossible...