Can Solar Energy Stored In Normal Battery ?

Is it possible to store solar energy directly into regular batteries that you find in markets?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    From what I know about solar energy, I can try to put light on that. Solar energy is harvested using solar cells and stored in a battery. That is further converted to AC for use. But I dont think it can be stored in normal batteries.
  • Cyborg 009
    Cyborg 009
    Solar energy can be stored in conventional 12/24v lead acid batteries ..
    The setup should be Solar panel >Charge controller > battery ..
    A diode is usually added at panel to avoid current flowing into it during dark..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The source of electricity is irrelevant to storing it in a rechargeable battery. Appropriate circuitry should be used.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    If battery is recharageable then you can charge it with a solar panel

There will not be any problems in it

PS: Use a diode in between the panel and the battery to prevent reverse voltage going from battery to the PV cells
  • Ahsanul haque
    Ahsanul haque
    solar panel using in a tiny calculator to large industries. its vary storage device(battery) size. u must have to use rechargeable battery and need some circuits (Charge controller charging level indicator etc ).
    Thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Folks, I'm sure that most of us folks are addicted to certain things in life. Of a few, hot cups of beverages have become our daily habits since long...
does plastic and concrete bonds together??
Hi Folks, I am a huge fan of sweets and often have a bite right after a meal. I would like to know how many of you do the same....
would you like please to explain the difference between synchronous and asynchronous interruptions? Thanks in advance
Hey guys, I have an unusual question in my mind and I think you all will think I am a crack after it. Fire- One element of nature. Power to...