Can sensors which were mainly used in Smartphone’s combine to form a good suspension system?

Can sensors which were mainly used in Smartphone’s combine to form a good suspension system?

Accelerometer sensor, gyroscope sensor are one of the mostly used sensors in today’s smart phone’s which can have a good future in suspension system of automobiles. Accelerometer sensor is usually used in finding linear movement of a object and gyroscope sensor for lateral movement. It usually has a application to find the orientation of the object. So here is my doubt. Consider a both sensors were placed in the automobile and be used in finding the orientation which should be coupled along with ECU unit in which it sends data on the orientation of the car when it passes over a bump or pit. WE can fix some tolerance in the orientation and if the measured value is more than the tolerance, ECU sends signals so that appropriate suspension can be actuated. I call upon CEans to suggest and built the idea.

Replies

• SYED BASEERULLAH
    SYED BASEERULLAH
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran

Accelerometer sensor, gyroscope sensor are one of the mostly used sensors in today’s smart phone’s which can have a good future in suspension system of automobiles. Accelerometer sensor is usually used in finding linear movement of a object and gyroscope sensor for lateral movement. It usually has a application to find the orientation of the object. So here is my doubt. Consider a both sensors were placed in the automobile and be used in finding the orientation which should be coupled along with ECU unit in which it sends data on the orientation of the car when it passes over a bump or pit. WE can fix some tolerance in the orientation and if the measured value is more than the tolerance, ECU sends signals so that appropriate suspension can be actuated. I call upon CEans to suggest and built the idea.
    I guess had heard about that. Our team had particpated in SAE BAJA this year and i heard that a team participating in a same event had used this type of suspension.but i am not sure the team details
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Ok.Let us know more if you find details.
    Anyone out here with ideas?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A very good news for Java os operated mobile users. Many of you would have longed for playing a game like temple run or a subway surfers or a similar...
I'm in the process of setting up the legal documents and the discoveries I make almost on daily basis shock me like anything! As an employer, the hiring company must...
Quote: A flying robot concept named Mab is the winner of the 11th Electrolux Design Lab competition. Finals took place at the Fotografiska Museum in Stockholm, Sweden. Endquote https://www.appliancemagazine.com/news.php?article=1703914&zone=0&first=1
Can we use "Smartstay " smart phone feature in automobile safety enhancement? This question striked me when I was surfing the features of the samsung s3 phone in which the...
How to make my own stylus for capacitive touch screen ? I am using Samsung galaxy young and i love drawing.So i had tried many apps for drawing but i...