Can Robots Be Used To Rescue People During Earthquakes?

One of the places where advance robotics can be useful is rescue operations. Especially, when natural disasters like earthquake and tsunami strike, robots can be deployed for the rescue operations.

There are certain challenges though. Unless there's human operating the robot, it would be very difficult for robots to safely pick up people (who're injured and unresponsive), without hurting them.

Can we take the idea forward and think how can robots be made so that they can be used in rescue operations?

Replies

• Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    For this we can modify the surgical robots and can be used to help people...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Geek.com has received the Nintendo 3DS in their US office and have released an unboxing video. Take a look - [video=youtube;z3oPNCDqUM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oPNCDqUM4&feature=player_embedded[/video]
The three Gorges Dam is world's largest hydro-electric dam being built at Sandouping, China–Yangtze River. It's also going to be the single largest source of electric power. I invite all...
In the US I hear to work in the trades you need only do a 2 year course Would it be a likely and acceptable career path for a person...
what should i take for my masters .. i`m a biomedical engineer... and i`m interested in software .. though... i don want ot change my field... i `m good in...
the It branch has different technologies included in it where it is more useful for the development of the softwares.