Can Opera Mini Save Your Costs While Roaming?

Just got an interesting press release from Opera that says Opera Mini, being a cloud based mobile can help you save costs? How? Read on -

Opera mini - being a cloud based web browser can shrink web pages to as little as 10% of their original size. That means you will download lesser data saving you a lot of money on your data download costs.

Use browser instead of apps to view your favorite web content: Apps may pull updates and that may mean additional, unwanted MBs traveling to your mobile adding up to your costs.

What do you think? Opera Mini's better than other regular mobile browsers?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wouldnt really use Opera Mini for login on secure pages (email, banking, etc) for this exact reason 😉 Stick to Opera Mobile instead.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wondering whether there's noticeable cost saving. I'm usually okay with what the default browser does.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    As it is shrinking web pages you have to pay for small size if you are surfing without activating any scheme. But that is not that much effective but yes you can realize the speed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TOI reports that iGATE has delayed the joining dates of the freshers expected to join the company in July/August will now have to wait a few months more. The new...
shoen this figure ...... https://www.google.co.in/imgres?q=mo...ostable-multivibrator&docid=G453WbsA6lc8gM&im
EC Guys... Any help Any Time... Post Me... 👍
What is different between coining, embossing and knurling..? All are making impression on the work piece.I don't know the exact different between among them..can u tell to me..?
hello there..I'm Rania, a student of final year electronics and telecommunications engineering from India. I am here to get some good answers for the doubts i might come across while...