Tessa Saju
Tessa Saju
Information Technology
01 Nov 2018

Can I study B.Ed after B.Tech in Kerala, if I want a job as a school teacher?

Hi.  I completed my btech in IT And now i would like to continue my career as a school teacher...  can i study b. Ed after b. Tech in kerala?Many colleges told me No...

I asked few colleges about the admission but no one accepted...

What to do?

kiran babu

kiran babu

Mechanical
02 Nov 2018

One of the option for you is to pursue Master of Arts in Education (M.A. in Ed) . this will help you become a teacher directly without doing B.Ed

Ankita Katdare

Ankita Katdare

Computer Science
04 Nov 2018

@Tessa From what I have read, for pursuing B.Ed. in Kerala, you need to have either a B.A. degree or a B.Sc. degree. However, if you are willing to travel to other states, many do accept B.E. or B.Tech degrees for B.Ed. eligibility criteria. 

I just checked the official Kerala University website just now, and saw the B.Ed. prospectus there.

You can check it here: https://www.keralauniversity.ac.in/pdfs/news/bed_prospectus_2016-181463979759.pdf On page number 6, they have mentioned the following -

Candidates should have passed the BA/B.Sc Degree examination under the 10+2+3 pattern from the University of Kerala or any other University recognized by the University of Kerala are eligible.

15 Jan 2019

Important Note: If you wish to ask questions about B.Ed after B.E / B.Tech, please join the special Group: B.Ed for Engineers. Questions asked in Discussions will be deleted.  :

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.