can i know working of this circuit?

/www.electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/homegardenimages/1.gif[​IMG]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You will have to post the image link once again.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Ok, here is what i understood -

1) Circuit with IC1 is an Astable Multivibrator to generate the clock for IC2. The clock frequency is decided by R4+VR1 & C1.

2) IC2 is a decoder, where we are using only the first 5 bits, and when the 6th bit goes High, the decoder gets reset to start over again.

3) IC3 circuit is again another Astable multivibrator. The frequency is determined according to which bit is set by IC2, and the respective values of VR2-VR6, R5, R6 and C2. I think the values of VR2-VR6 are chosen such that for each output if the decoder a progressively increasing frequency between 60-80kHz is generated.

4) IC4 is a D-Flipflop with complimentary output also. It divides the frequency output of IC3 by 2 and we get a 30-40kHz output. The complementary signals drive T1-T2-T3-T4 to give out a varying Ultrasonic sound output.

I think you can further go into the calculations to find out the exact frequencies yourself.

-Karthik
    😁
  • muralistarshine
    muralistarshine
    thank u, my doubt is can we generate a clock pulse using CA3130 i am not getting it even i tried using multisim too.. but i couldnt so i replaced ca 3130 by ua741 can we get desired output? hope u got me..😕
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    The reason why the astable will not get simulated in any circuit simulator (incl PSPICE) is because the astable works on the principle that there is an imbalance in the circuit (like residual voltage in the capacitor), which due to positive feedback can be used to generate the pulsing signal. No circuit simulator will assume such an imbalance by default since it takes ideal start conditions. We need to create an artificial imbalance ourselves.

If possible in the simulation software, try adding some pre-charge into the capacitor C1 & C2 (like it is already precharged to say 1V before the circuit starts working).

Or else you can also try adding a small AC source in series to the 12V supply (say 1V p-p 10kHz frequency).

-Karthik
    😁
  • muralistarshine
    muralistarshine
    i didnt get you? plz do xplain clearly .i have tried it even by using ca3130 practically too but i cant get required clock pulse so i replaced it with ua 741!!!😕 i have got desired cyclic variation but it isnt range of 30-40khz can we get?plz explain😒
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Hmm !!!
    Perhaps you should just check the theory behind the circuit in your text books and try out the calculations. Then you may get an idea.

-Karthik

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guys i am giving a link please read this article and give me your response ... do u think is it possible Get ready for fun - hardware interfacing...
hey guys can any one help me learning about telnet... i want to learn it... can anyone help me how to use it...with some working commands....??????
Hello friends please post all your computer related articles here. No writing skill required. Just post articles as your views. Don't copy anyone's article,please keep all post original. Thank You....
Hey CEans! If you are still a student, you can have free access to 24 of Autodesk's great collection of software. Special thanks to mad_scientist for the heads up! Visit:...
I would like to know the difference between the brayton , joules & belcoleman cycles ..