Can I add some skills to my CV without certificate?

I am a civil engineering student. My question is I have learnt some foreign languages such as French, Spanish... & I have also learnt Autocad, Revit & StadPro.... But I don't have a certificate of these courses... But I learnt them very well. Can I add this skills to my CV for job interviews without any formal certificates.???? 

Please reply ASAP. 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yes, you can. However, it's likely that you might be asked for a proof at the time of Interview. Let's say, if the Interviewer knows Spanish and decides to test your knowledge - you might be asked a few questions in Spanish. You should be able to demonstrate your knowledge and skills.

Be extra careful while writing technologies that you are familiar with. If you actually have worked and are comfortable with AutoCad or other software; it's okay to mention them. 

I've caught several candidates who wrote several technologies in their resume just to make it look attractive; but couldn't answer even the simplest of the questions. If that happens, rejection is confirmed. 

I'll however recommend obtaining a formal certificate in the technologies, tools, languages that you wish to highlight and are relevant to the job you are applying to. 

• Mohit Patil
    Mohit Patil

Sure go ahead and add those skills. Be prepared to answer questions. If you can answer to the satisfaction of the interviewer there is nothing to worry. But as advised above you should get a formal certificate. It creates a better first impression. 

• Juhi Das
    Juhi Das

Thank you so much @Mr.Kaustubh Katdare. 

• Juhi Das
    Juhi Das

Thank you so much @Mr. Mohit Patil

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Your city will certainly have French and Spanish embassies are institutions teaching these languages. They do give certificates. 

Likewise Autocad also sponsors training centres in various cities, which give certificates. There are many online Spanish and French courses, which giv certificates. If you already know these you can quickly get through these on line courses.

• Juhi Das
    Juhi Das

Thank you so much @Mr.Ramani Aswath

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

#-Link-Snipped-# if you learnt so many languages then why dont you go for atleast 1 certification. It will really add value to your resume rather by just plain writing about it and then explaining it.

• Juhi Das
    Juhi Das

Thank you @Radhika Deshpande

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please give me right solution I'm going for teaching filed after b.e(mechanical). for teaching what should I do please give me best solution.
How frequently do you commit your code / documents to GIT? Also, do you use remote repositories? If yes, how frequently do you push to remote repositories? In the recent...
in which part of the resume can i add my PAN and ADAR Number
Hi everyone!! I need a brief notes or online link for finding information about satellite coding.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will release JEE Main 2019 Admit Card for April session on March 18, 2019. There are two ways to download the document viz. Application number...