Can Fashion designing and technology be regarded as an engineering topic in CE, OET?

I want to have a clear idea whether fashion designing and technology is regarded as an engineering branch and if discussions regarding such topic is allowed here. There's a much argued discussion outside whether it's capable of gaining a B.Tech degree or not. I noticed many of the Indian institutes have started to offer B.Tech degree and introducing Fashion Technology with Textile engineering. On a personal note I believe Fashion Technology and designing can be called engineering as it has plenty of sub parts that require true engineering and designing itself needs pure innovation. Even Mathematics and dynamics (Patterns and distribution) are completely entangled with designing part. However I am still not clear whether such discussions are allowed professionally in other engineering Trades, as I didn't find exactly related discussions here.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Sure. We can discuss it here. 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The tag of the newest budget smartphone on the block goes to Karbonn Titanium S205. Priced at Rs. 6790, the smartphone is up for competition against the likes of Xiaomi...
Researchers at the University of Colorado Boulder, in collaboration with the University of California, Berkeley and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) have been successful in developing microprocessor chip that...
Bharti Airtel has launched a new games subscription service that will let its users play over 2000 paid Android games for free on their devices by paying a nominal subscription...
Early today, China launched its most sophisticated observation satellite, Gaofen-4 as a part of the country’s HD earth observation project. At 00:04 am local time, Gaofen-4 was launched from the...
I am a BE electronics graduate, C-CAT rank for A+B is 2533 and A+B+C is 702. I am confused among 2 courses i.e PG-DAC & PG-DESD. 1) can anybody tell...