Can Electronic Voting Machines(EVM) be hacked ?

Last week one challenge was given by Election commission of india to all the parties to hack the EVM. But one of the condition was not to touch EVM. I thought to post this question among you engineers and discuss it.
What should be the possibility of tempering an EVM without touching it ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sure, it can be hacked; but it's far more difficult than what the political parties claim. If you are interested, read our exclusive interview with the man who was first in India to demonstrate how the Indian EVMs can be hacked: Mr. Hari K. Prasad - Hacking The Indian EVM

For once, I'd not believe that the EVM can be hacked using wireless signals or without having physical access to it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ASUS took to the stage at Computex 2017 to announce a slew of notebooks, PCs and smartphones but in this article we shall be focusing on a product which did...
When Android creator Andy Rubin announced that he would be creating his own company and launching Android devices, it raised a couple of eyebrows. Why would Andy leave Google and...
Quote: In one of its biggest rollouts in years, National Instruments (NI) said it is returning to its roots and introducing a simple test and measurement product that’s aimed at...
Meet the Swiss Army Knife of Robotic Arms
Panasonic’s mobile division has launched a new smartphone in the Eluga series called the I3 Mega. The Panasonic Eluga I3 Mega has been launched in India today in Champagne Gold...