Can e-bike increase speed with battery changes?

the e-bike..i.e., electronic bike... which does runs on a battery oriented one .it does not go exceeds speed more than 30km ....on constant it does olny reach 33+ .the model of the bike rsembles as like the other bikes...but it doesn't make any sound...while travelling. the bike can be runned upto 100km on full charged battery

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The speed of e-bike is determined by the drive that powers it. Of course, the bike can run at speeds greater than 30 kmph. Have you read information about Tesla Roadster? Do read about Tesla technology.
  • jahnavi.teja
    jahnavi.teja
    k...well i will go through it..
  • Stephen_c
    Stephen_c
    but wont the engine which runs the drive also matter??.. so if the engine can provide more power to the drive the speed will increase... am i right??
  • abhinaykumar
    abhinaykumar
    what is the link between tesla technology and the ebike.........
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    The speed depends on the drive, the transmission system and the vehicle aerodynamics, as in a vehicle using any other system. The motor(dont use the word 'engine'to describe it, please) is to be designed so as to work efficiently at a higher RPM as we require. Using suitable gears for shifts, (just as we speak about 4 speed transmission, 5 and even 6 speed transmission)will increase the speed of the vehicle. The other factor is the power of the motor. In a 150cc engine of a petrol fed two wheeler, we get an average of 13.5 bhp, about 11kW from its engine. For a performance like that from the e-bike, we need a 11kW motor.
    The basic limitation for e-bikes is the power storage. Imagine the size of the battery powering a 11kW motor(now thats crazy). Many technologies, if brought down to feasible rates(technologies like the ultracapacitors) can make us powerful enough to innovate electrical beasts on two wheels. Hope they research hard for us people who are in the need of speed, the electrical way...

P.S. This is what I think is right. I may not be right. So, please correct me if you find I am wrong.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi there guys. I am really stuck and need some major help. As part of something i have to do, one of the things i have to do is to...
what is the difference between ac and dc resistance??? and why is there such a difference in both of them? i saw somewhere that ac resistance is 1.5 times dc...
Hi All Can someone please explain, to me, why there is a high current draw from the power-supply when DOL starting a 3-phase induction motor please? I understand that initially...
Those who come here looking for free lunch; take a look at the human tetris project developed by two undergrad students at Cornell University: Cornell University Undergrads Develop Human Tetris...
I want to bookmark certain threads for future references. Kindly help me out as i'm new to this forum.