Can atmospheric pressure be more than 760mmHg?

Can atmospheric pressure can be greater than 760 mmHg at sea level or it is always less than 760 mmHg.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Atmospheric pressure at sea level is 76 cmHg. So, as altitude increases, pressure drops. By the same rule, atmospheric pressure must be more than 76 cmHg in places below sea level. I'm not sure though..
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Yes. Sometimes high pressure cells move over the coast and then the barometer goes over 760 torr

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

*water from tank on third floor of building flows down to tap on ground level from a pipe. *when a valve is in first floor to control the flow of...
One of my friend wanna share some his own thoughts living in mumbai.... Open Letter To India's Prime Minister ​Dear Mr. Prime minister, I am a typical mouse from Mumbai....
Hi, This question has been inside me for quite some time. What decides the rate of exchange of foreign currencies in a country? One Dollar is about 50 Indian rupees....
Hi everybody, I would like to know how the DC Motor rotation is controlled without having any current sensing circuitry. Whether the rotation can be perfectly controlled when the motor...
After the recent terrorist attack on Mumbai, people have been talking about declaring a war against the countries that are supposed to be supporting the terrorism. As we all know,...