Can Ashok Leyland survive?

You would be surprise to hear this news that Ashok Leyland is making its entry in a segment where it had been never before.

Yes Ashok leyland have planned to launch Stile on july 16.Its a joint ventue with Nissan.Its a second outcome from the venture after. successful Dost model.

Specofications:
#engine-1.5 litre K9k diesel engine which powered Evalia also.
#power-86PS
#drive-front wheel drive
#transmission-5 speed manual gearbox

Surely Ashok Leyland has compromises in features to bring down the cost . Evalia has an mileage of 19.3 kpl as ARAI certified it.
Can Stile produce a better mileage than Evalia?
Can it compete with Toyota's innova, Chevrolet Travera,etc in LCV segment?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Ashok-Leyland-Stile-studio-shot
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    CNG cars will never sell in Chennai.

as for the looks, it is uglier than the Nissan evalia.

nissan evalia, did not sell much in chennai, so maybe i think nissan modified the SUV a little, and is now trying to sell it under a different brand name (that of ashok leyland.)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    zaveri
    CNG cars will never sell in Chennai.
    Why is this? Is it difficult to get access to CNG supplies there?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    ash
    Why is this? Is it difficult to get access to CNG supplies there?

of course it is.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    zaveri
    of course it is.
    Then there is some potential business opportunities there 😁

Any other issue other than lack of availability? How about local regulations?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    ash
    Then there is some potential business opportunities there 😁

Any other issue other than lack of availability? How about local regulations?

dont know about the local regulations

and besides cng vehicles seem to be too cumbersome to use. people over here prefer petrol and diesel over cng.

some eight years ago, my family had gone on a road trip, in Gujarat. we traveled in a maruti versa, which was cng powered.

now in this car, the seats in the boot had to removed, so as to accomodate, the cng cylinder.

besides this the car kept running out of gas very frequently, and the driver had to go out of his way to find a filling station.

well even though, all this occured in MP, i can speak for the chennaities, and i can understand how cumbersome it can become for them to use cng cars.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    I think stile will make a boost to the Ashok Leyland's market value. This Indian brand has now tie-up with the Nissan group for this additon. It is quite similar to Evalia which is a Nissan model. Stile is a performance oriented MUV, which has three fule options like petrol,CNG and diesel. Diesel variant will be known for good on road performance and excellent fuel efficiency. Its look

[​IMG]

has made its ugly side come out but overall this car is a good option in c segment with the price of 8 lac in India. It has provided sufficient leg room space and buyers can choose two or three row version of the car along with option of seven seater and eight seater. Appearance of the car is similar to Maruti Suzuki Omni, though its hood is much longer than tha van's. Don't what inspired Ashok keyland to make its look like this, as of now I can say car is good for Indian people if looks doesn't matters,its a economical car so will survive for at least a decade.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Twitter has finally come up with a solution to probably one of the most annoying and persistent flaws. The read/unread status of DMs would be now synced across all platforms,...
One of the major problems with total head transplant is the joining of the head with the spinal cord. New techniques available indicate that this is feasible. If the seat...
Setting attainable goals to be achieved in 60 to 90 days can keep Alzheimer's disease at bay. It can add meaningful years to one's life as a bonus. The goals...
Ubuntu's currently working on the custom display server "Mir" which will be replacing Xserver which we have used it for long years. (bye bye xorg, Imma take backup of my...
After Snowden's expose of how the United States government monitors the activity of people around the world, there was an uproar about protecting one's privacy. People later learned that India...