Can anyone suggest me the any research topic as I am 1st yr chemical engineering student

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Do you have to do projects in the first year itself? 

Surface modification is becoming important for all sorts of applications like nonstick cookware, dust and water shedding coatings for vehicles, avoiding fingerprints on phones and biometric devices, hydrophobic or hydrophilic coatings for medical devices and more.

Nano structures are emerging in these areas. Maybe you can search around and write a good review paper.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Nano structures are emerging in these areas. Maybe you can search around and write a good review paper.

If I'm not mistaken, nano-structures allow for super strong structures using Graphene. Or is it something totally different, #-Link-Snipped-#‍ sir? 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Yes. Graphene is used for that. What was referred to above was a slightly different thing. The surface of a lotus leaf sheds water by having nano sized hair like structures projecting that keeps water droplets away from the surface. This makes it very hydrophobic. Likewise some insect wings and such.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have just given last semester exam of B.E. (Mechanical)I am unaware of what to do next. Should I search for a job or go for skill-related courses. What kind...
The past couple of years, the core CE team has been under heap loads of work trying to make the dream of the new, unified CrazyEngineers platform come true. And...
I have completed my BE in IT and also done Java developer course(4 months). I m not getting job in my domain. Most of companies need framework knowledge as well...