My Requirement is....
500 ma Current
Need 7.5 and 5 Volt DC.

My Input is 12 Volt AC.

Can any one Design such for me please.

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Godfather, I hope this is not a part of your project or assignment. And you know the forum rules. Do it yourself, share it here. You will get help whenever you are stuck somewhere. You already know, "No free lunches"
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    yes Raj i know Rules so here is my problem that

the power supply right now i am using drops 500 ma current but it heats up whole circuit i want to remove it.

will post the circuit diagram soon πŸ˜‰
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    use larger capacity capacitors and check out the datasheets of your components used!!!
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    yah,alongwith check the reverse circuit path.Maximum time this causes heat generation
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well if i use large capacity Capacitor at that time it losses the count value of my ADC.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    buddy, isolate your power supply from the ADC,use a regulator IC to provide controlled supply,power supply should not be afected from any component unless theres a bad-connection or fault occurence.
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Regarding the heating up, I would advise a relook into your design. If you are using Linear design, you would have close to 2.8W of dissipation in the power supply (assuming 250mA each for 7.5V and 5V). Thats too much heat.

I would advise shifting to a switching design.

-Karthik
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    reachrkata
    Regarding the heating up, I would advise a relook into your design. If you are using Linear design, you would have close to 2.8W of dissipation in the power supply (assuming 250mA each for 7.5V and 5V). Thats too much heat.

I would advise shifting to a switching design.

-Karthik
    Thanks Karthik will look at that also.
  • rwyost
    rwyost
    godfather, for help with your design, please email me at #-Link-Snipped-# or visit our website at #-Link-Snipped-#.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey I'm a Telecommunication engineer, graduated last June. Can anyone tell me what is the scope of Telecommunication Engineering in Middle East? πŸ˜€
HELLO :: HOW R U ? IAM STUDENT OF CONTROL ENG. DEPARTMENT IN ISLAMIC UNEVERSTY OF GAZA .. I WANT EAZY MECHATRONICS PROJECT FOR MEHATRONICS LESSON ?? πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’HELP...
i m BE final Year student from IT Branch. i want some new ideas for my major project and i want to make the project usine servlets or JSP so...
Hello I am 3rd mechanical student,doing a fabrication project on water level indicator that can be fixed in over head tanks,to prevent water wastage by over flow.I want to use...
installation and performance testing of solar flate plate collector