Can any one give me information about DBMS ?and Is it google is example of database?

can any one give me information about DBMS ?and Is it google is example of database? please give a real time example that why i understand the concept?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Real example of DBMS is your "Brain" storage area.

Database is nothing but storing information, it can be a text file, excel file, your notebook or anything where want to keep information safe.
    DBMS is storing information and processing such way that when you want to fetch/store the information it will be easy to do the task.

Google is not DBMS, Google is a company. If you talking about Google Search service it uses highly sophisticated DBMS to store data but processing and showing to user is more complex than just building database.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : Regarding 'Google' : Google is a company that indexes all the data on the Internet and then stores it on their servers in the form of a database. As @#-Link-Snipped-# wrote; a database is just the data stored in a system. Google employes a lot of complicated algorithms and computing techniques to search this data on their servers and returns the links to the most relevant pages on their search results.

For example, all the discussions you see on CrazyEngineers, including this one, are stored in a database. When people use the search box (in the top - right corner, above the sidebar), the system searches for the most relevant information in the database and then shows it to the users.

DBMS aka 'Database Management System' is a name given to the system that stores and manages the data in a systematic manner. There are several DBMS available. Just make a search on Google.

I hope this answers your questions. If you still have questions, feel free to ask.
  • sr patil
    sr patil
    Thank you sir!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

VENTURE CAPITALISM: Starting your own company is no longer just a distant dream. Presenting "Venture Capitalism", the first of its kind workshop at Kurukshetra - 2014. Powered by emergent entrepreneurs...
15 years back, when I used to call my relatives on telephone....someone told me about mobile-touch phones and I never imagined that there can be a device in reality that...
how many of u think that electric cars are going to rule the future.....??? can we use electric cars for racing.....??? if u had time just go through the links.........
We already know that Microsoft's Windows engineering team is already working on the next version of their flagship desktop operating system. The project is internally called 'Threshold' and the latest...
When the sizes of smartphones are getting so big that they can no more fit in your pocket, where does one keep the keys? Why not combine them in one?...