Can Android Be Considered As Another Linux Distribution ?

Android uses Linux Kernel like all other desktop Operating systems do (even though it is more of forked one).
//I don't wanna write much otherwise there won't be fun in debating on this topic//

So, unleash your inside geek & tell us : Whether you think Android as another Linux distribution or something else ?
(Well from Android Wikipedia you can say, yeah it is another Linux distro - but there are many factors which points out that ....... whatever! find it on your own & tell us about your opinion)
Please share the technical reason behind your answer.

Debate on, CEans !

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    I guess it depends on the definition of Linux distro. What do you think about Ubuntu? Is it a linux distribution? If yes, then Android is too, just a little more forked! The point is either everything that uses Linux kernel is a linux distro or nothing is. You can't draw a line here. No matter how much forking one does, the base is the Linux kernel and you can't escape that.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# : Few points to note.
    - Unlike Linux distros, Android apps runs on VM & not Kernel.
    - Basic Linux programs doesn't run on Android & vice-versa until some specific tweaks are done (eg : chroot) Obviously because Android's C libs are not compatible to GNU C Libs.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Agreed. And that's what I said first you need to define what exactly a Linux distro is? If you consider that if you can work with kernel through the OS, then, of-course, Android can be exempted.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans This is CSK for you and I am here to start on the topic” Does Humans want to compete robots in future for job?”. It may look fun...
I've often wondered why there are no super scooters, and to my recent surprise, Yamaha did have quite a few attractive models to portray. Let me share a few pictures...
ONLY FOR CLASS & CLASSIC LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of us know little or few things about this about this masculine bike.Its non other than Royal Enfield which is famous for its...
Finally, we've began noticing some 'real' innovation in the way bicycles work. Say hello to Varibike - the bicycle that lets you pedal with not only legs but also using...
Here are some beautiful buildings that are very eco friendly and sustainable. Worth emulating. I like the Hobbit House and the Craves. https://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry...g-Eco-Buildings-In-The-World?frmtrk=cr4digest