Can an LED display show a thermisters temperature.

Hello,

I am using a basic circuit with a thermister, variable resister and reid switch to turn on a motor at a certain temperature. Is it at all possible to get the current thermister temperate to be displayed on an LED display?

Thanks for any help.

Replies

• rushi53
    rushi53
    If you use 8051 based microcontroller in your circuit then you can definitely do it.
    I would suggest you to go for 89s51
  • Leedsunitedlad
    Leedsunitedlad
    My original idea was to do a pic programme / microprocesser however i think it could possibly be achieved by using a AD converter to get the digital output to drive the LED or LCD and using a modified DVM. This will save a lot of time than designing a programme.

Any thoughts on this?
  • patsham
    patsham
    are u saying that directly apply the adc output to led display...bt if u meant so... then the output will not be calibrated in degrees...???u need 2 have a lookup table...right????

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I'm a 3rd year EIE student. I'm planning to do graduate degree in Canada. I wanted to know which course is better Biomedical Instrumentation or Oil/Gas instrumentation? Is industrial...
I hope you must have heard about Paypal account In this thread i will explain everything about it PayPal allows members to have one Personal account and one Premier or...
Sir Do you have any project on "IDMA SIMULATION USING TURBO CODE"
Howdy folks! I'd like to know about the things an engineer should look for while purchasing a headphone. For the sake of discussion, we'll exclude the budget restrictions. 😀
CEans, Lately, I've seen raising interest among CEans about setting up their own websites. Lot of CEans PMed me asking that XYZ host is providing them with unlimited bandwidth, hosting...