Can a synchronous motor be used for power factor correction and also actuating a mechanical load

Hello

i am doing a final year project and can anyone pliz help me with this information.
i need to know if a synchronous motor can be used for dual purpose say power factor correction and also at the same time actuate an industrial compressor say in a refrigeration plant. Has this been done practically ??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can someone quickly chip in a few thoughts? #-Link-Snipped-# ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well I am not sure about power factor correction with synchronous motor but I think you can use it for actuating mechanical load.

Try to get information on servo motor it might be useful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ok folks, Many of us once, in a lifetime, always wish to try some open source stuff, (I did it too, but then unfortunately have to format.) Nevertheless, I am...
The Blackberry Messenger which caught the spark and spread like wild fire is now spreading its arms into other operating system. Whatsapp which can be used on any platform and...
sir, I need weightage for subject wise for GATE exam...... And what are the Important subjects to practice for GATE exam....? And please tell standrad books to refer for that...
The British Mobile Manufacturer Vertu has finally launched its luxury phone in India which was launched around the globe in February 2013. The company purports that their cellphones are made...
[NOTE: This page is strictly copyrighted to crazyengineers.com and grasshoppernetwork.com. Copying, reusing any content from this page is strictly prohibited. Any violation will draw attention from DMCA. Be advised!] We...