can a sim card be used in pc

my question is that weather a sim card can be used in a pc to make calls send sms i.e like a usb connector or something without the use of a mobile phone?

Replies

• K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    As per my knowledge we can use it for SMS using any datacards....we can't use it for making calls.
  • Reya
    Reya
    I read somewhere about cydia application called as PhoneIt-iPad which turns iPad 3G into iPhone to make calls and send messages from iPad.But I think it works only on jailbroken iPad1.

I am not sure for PC.
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    There is no doubt that you can send and receive messages,suppose if you are connecting to internet through net setter(where mobile sim is inserted) and at the same time if any person calls you at that time he can hear the ring but you can't...and you cannot even identify that you got a call . .
  • Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    There is no doubt that you can send and receive messages,suppose if you are connecting to internet through net setter(where mobile sim is inserted) and at the same time if any person calls you at that time he can hear the ring but you can't...and you cannot even identify that you got a call . .
  • vinod12345madhu
    vinod12345madhu
    may be its time we build one 😛
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If You want to use SIMCARD for sending Sms and for receiving call purpose then remember you must have to use GSM modem and you can interface Gsm modem with Pc. In some laptops they are giving such integrated modem.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    godfather
    If You want to use SIMCARD for sending Sms and for receiving call purpose then remember you must have to use GSM modem and you can interface Gsm modem with Pc. In some laptops they are giving such integrated modem.
    whether it is possible to make a call?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Yes you can there is same modem used which is being used in mobile phones.
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    yup u can do it...interface universal gsm modem with pc using rs232 cable...!!!
    It works efficiently with a grade A networks...!!!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    In case you've laptop you can use USB port instead of Serial port. 😀
  • Slay3r_17
    Slay3r_17
    yes .. I used a GSM modem for the simcard and interfaced the modem with PC using RS232 . and I was successful to call a number from PC . So it can be done .
    My doubt is the data cards we get from ISPs. can they be used to call a number ?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Slay3r_17
    yes .. I used a GSM modem for the simcard and interfaced the modem with PC using RS232 . and I was successful to call a number from PC . So it can be done .
    My doubt is the data cards we get from ISPs. can they be used to call a number ?
    That's depend on the plan some data card allows you to call number and some data cards are used only for internet purpose.
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    Yea some data card can be used for VoIP calling...
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    whats the difference between sim card and data card?
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    Sim card is for both internet as well as calling purpose whereas data card deals with same purpose with connection on pc,laptop,tab,atc.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    but both can be connected in pc?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    aarthivg
    but both can be connected in pc?
    yeah...but together. There will be a slot for sim card in datacard. Some ISP's having inbuilt sim card in Datacards.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    er.h3m4l
    Yea some data card can be used for VoIP calling...
    Which software application is used to call from PC?
  • er.h3m4l
    er.h3m4l
    Applications are provided with data card in a CD or the program lies in Memory of data card chip...!!!!
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    er.h3m4l
    Applications are provided with data card in a CD or the program lies in Memory of data card chip...!!!!
    Ha Ha 😁 !!! I know that. Do You have any idea.... how the application is programmed ??? Concept behind the VOIP calling from PC.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    No reply yet ???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Concept of Proteins in BioChemical Engineering was explained by Dr. Rintu Banerjee, Department of Agricultural & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your questions and please contribute your ideas...
Concept of Biochemistry & Thermodynamics of Enzymes in BioChemical Engineering was explained by Dr. Rintu Banerjee, Department of Agricultural & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your questions and...
Concept of Enzyme Kinetics : Michealis-Menten Kinetics in BioChemical Engineering was explained by Dr. Rintu Banerjee, Department of Agricultural & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your questions and...
Concept of Regulation of Enzyme Activity : Inhibition BioChemical Engineering was explained by Dr. Saikat Chakraborthy, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel free to ask your questions and please...
Concept of Effects of Substrate and Inhibition, pH and Temperature on Enzyme Activity in BioChemical Engineering was explained by Dr. Rintu Banerjee, Department of Agricultural & Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel...