Can A 'Group' Take A Decision? If No, How Can Democracy Work?

I've experienced on several occasions that a 'group' cannot take a decision. When a group to arrive at a sensible decision a well-informed leader with good intentions is a *must*. While this point itself is debatable, I wish to know whether we have CEans who agree with this. If a group can't decide - how can 'democracy' really work which bases itself on 'group decision making'.

PS: Am I clear enough in my argument?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    I agree, most often a group needs a leader or guide that assists in the process for the group to be effective. To be more fair, this individual could either not have a vote or not be able to table an idea. Their main role is to moderate, make sure all are heard and keep the group on track and topic.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hai, We're planning to start a monthly once newsletter for our department. I would like to use some articles from CE for each month's subscription. I'll select the article and...
I'm an hvacr contractor that installed a heat pump system in Massachusetts in an addition. The customer caused the system to ice up by setting the thermostat too cold. One...
I've been watching news on TV and here's one exciting news from IIT. IIT Kharagpur's graduate Shashi Shankar Sen has refused to accept the degree from Indian PM Man Mohan...
Hi CEans, Does anyone have the previous question papers or model papers in Electrical and Electronics Department for BHEL entrance exam(Engineer Trainee)?​If any one do have please help me.​
I will be sharing different questions in this thread. Its open for Engineers for all Branches. TRY TO ANSWER THESE HERE: 1. Why don't we use multiple if statements instead...