Camera-packin' Garmin Oregon 500 navigator on sale in UK

#-Link-Snipped-#Wouldn't you know it? That #-Link-Snipped-# is indeed a real, bona fide product, and it's on sale now for argonauts over in the UK. The outdoorsy navigator officially boasts a rugged 3-inch sunlight-readable touch panel (400 x 240 resolution), a tough, waterproof casing, a built-in electronic compass, barometric altimeter (seriously!), AA battery support, USB connectivity, a microSD card slot and a bundled carabiner clip to really set it apart. Oh, and there's also an integrated camera for automatic picture geotagging, which seems to be a pretty rare commodity in GPS units these days. We're not quite sure it's rare enough to justify the lofty £353.97 ($519) price tag, but thankfully that's not our call to make.

[Thanks, Jordan]Filed under: #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:38:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Being named the Oregon should it not have been released in the US first?!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one explain me about 'how the Two level hand-off algorithm is used in delaying a hand-off'?
This thread is dedicated to Palm Pre Fans. Visit official webiste: Palm Pre Phone - Features, Details, Reviews : Palm USA Features: Palm® webOS™ 3G EVDO Rev A 3.1-inch touch...
Hey guys I'm trying to denoise some images using the following script. It was originally in Mathematica 5.2 and I'm trying to convert it to Mathematica 7.0 but so far...
The one-dimensional Haar transform is contructed by taking two numbers, a and b and mapping them to a lowpass value sqrt(2)*a/2 + sqrt(2)*b/2 and a highpass value sqrt(2)*b/2 -sqrt(2)*a/2. For...
​ Sony might think the DSi is just for kids, but it's never had any problems pumping out candy-colored PSPs -- and the next hue off the line might be...