CAM LESS ENGINE

Hi I'm Vignesh Kamal.S , I've an idea of presenting a CAM Less 4 stroke engine as my final year project. i've some confusion on how to prepare a CAM Less 4 stroke engine.it is actually with the help of some electronic devices which replaces the CAM Shaft for the timing opening and closing of Inlet and Exhaust Valves. Can anyone guide me in completing this project. or any other innovative mechanical final year projects on IC Engines or Pneumatics .

Replies

• mechky
    mechky
    Vignesh Kamal.S
    Hi I'm Vignesh Kamal.S , I've an idea of presenting a CAM Less 4 stroke engine as my final year project. i've some confusion on how to prepare a CAM Less 4 stroke engine.it is actually with the help of some electronic devices which replaces the CAM Shaft for the timing opening and closing of Inlet and Exhaust Valves. Can anyone guide me in completing this project. or any other innovative mechanical final year projects on IC Engines or Pneumatics .
    In camless engines, valves are operated electronically with the help of solenoids. The push-pull type of solenoids can be employed in combination of springs. Also few electronic sensors to obtain the position of crankshaft and an electronic control module are required.
  • Vignesh Kamal.S
    Vignesh Kamal.S
    mechky
    In camless engines, valves are operated electronically with the help of solenoids. The push-pull type of solenoids can be employed in combination of springs. Also few electronic sensors to obtain the position of crankshaft and an electronic control module are required.
    Thanks for the answer... its was a very useful information... Thank you
  • mechky
    mechky
    Vignesh Kamal.S
    Thanks for the answer... its was a very useful information... Thank you
    Since you are considering this for your final year project, I should also tell you that it is not that easy to implement it practically as it sounds theoretically.
    The problem is that at higher rpm, the solenoids would not be able to cope up. Also, the push-pull solenoids are very good at pulling but not that good at pushing. You would have to do some calculations to obtain the response time that would be required for the solenoid. Then based on that you would have to look for a push-pull solenoid that matches the response time. Also, experiment a lot with the solenoid to ensure that it works correctly in the rpm range of engine before putting it on the actual engine.

If you have never actually worked on an engine before then I would suggest you not to go for this project.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Or you can consider making a low speed engine, where the usage of these solenoids would e feasible. you can make this just to realize your concept.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to drive ov7670+al422b with pic18 and send image online and store in micro_sd .please help me...😭
US is the country of travellers. Per an Survey released today, by AAA (a leading federation of auto clubs which sell vacations, insurance, Road side assistance and lobby on behalf...
i am the final year student .i am electronics and instrumentation student.
Hi i have done my b.tech from shaheed bhagat singh state technical campus ferozepur in ECE. now i have started m.tech from the same institute.............. Hope for the best in...
This is the official thread of the CrazyEngineers Meet in Mumbai on September 1st. I believe 'Candies' has been decided as the meet venue. Please post the complete address of...