Calcs for balancing with mechanical gyro

Hi all,

I'm trying to find some simulation software to help guide me in a project I'm using to teach kids about the stabilisation capabilities of (mechanical) gyroscopes. Essentially I want to plug in some values - gyro mass, angular velocity, etc. and determine how much force (ie. based on height/mass of a robotic leg) it can help keep balanced. Keeping it simple, define "robotic leg" as a simple stick 😁

I thought I could calc torque of a balanced "leg" (pivot point on ground) and compare that to the angular velocity of the gyro but think I'm starting to mix units 😀

I know I'm missing some terminology here... any pointers to software or calcs that might help.

Any tips greatly appreciated!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anyone wants to take this discussion forward? We don't want lonely threads 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm in a dilemma as my designs on Photoshop CS3 were actually redone in Corel Draw by a technician at the printing press because he claims that CorelDraw designs have...
Hi friends , do anybody have the idea about the software which is used to check our email writing efficiency ? if anyone knows please help me as i am...
The idea comes from a kickstarter project called Lock8. I think this could be an interesting project to for engineering third and final year/sem students. The project would involve developing...
PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE DETAILS ABOUT THE IMPORTANT ROLES PLAYED BY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING IN THE FIELD OF SPACE,ASTRONOMICAL RESEARCH.CAN ANYBODY HELP ME TO WRITE AN ARTICLE ON THIS ISSUE.
Is campus interview is better for a fresher's to get a experience...?please any one brief that...?