CAD System for Lightning Protection

Hello All!

Let me present to you the first version of software for 3D design of direct stroke lightning protection. 3D Lightning is FREEWARE.

This program uses the RSM [1] and class of LPS [2] in order to compute and visualize protected area. This helps to identify the efficiency of air-termination components. For the present, the program applies to rods (single, double and multiple rods). The earth’s surface considered as ground plane on zero level. The striking distances to the ground, and to the rod are the same.
Nevertheless, it allows for complete design cycle:
- to create a model of rod
- to create any feasible LPS, positioning the air-termination components
- to change location and parameters of components
- to visualize three-dimensional protected area
- to cut part of protected area above a given level. (Equipment is taken as protected, if it is nowhere protrudes from this area)
- to change a class of LPS
- to generate a horizontal section in a given level
- to obtain all the parameter values from protected area

One of the great advantages of the software is the interactive design process (all design, arrangement, calculation, and visualization processes proceed in parallel (e. g. after placing the additional rod, you can see its adequate protected area immediately). You will be able to complete sophisticated design projects following minimal training.
This application enfolds Autodesk® AutoCAD® working environment with supplementary set of advanced design tools.

Links:
Video: www.youtube.com/user/3DDesignBand?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/_Q-A7hi4fc4
Download: www.mediafire.com/?6nuey1vsp1szysb

Requirements
You must have administrator privileges to installation this software.

Software is available for:
AutoCAD 2010 or higher(32/64bit)
is compatible with:
Windows 7
Windows Vista
Windows XP

We value your feedback and the opportunity to learn more about your particular needs. Let us know how 3D LIGHTNING is working for you by emailing us at #-Link-Snipped-#.

[1] T. Horváth, “Construction of the protected volume with proper application of rolling sphere method.” 30th International Conference on Lightning Protection, Paper 4B-1019, Cagliari, Italy, September 2010

[2] IEC 62305 standard, Protection against Lightning. 2006

Replies

• 3dLightning
    3dLightning
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • 3dLightning
    3dLightning
    I am sorry. There are was a problem with video link. Here is a correct link Demo - YouTube

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Philippines is all set to embrace a futuristic undersea project to rival those in Maldives, Dubai and Fiji, according to a Filipino team of developer and architects, which is...
Can any crazy engineer suggest me some crazy project on powder metallurgy for my college project ? Send me some ideas soon, and i will make them viable. Either mail...
Hi Guys, NOTE: THIS IS FOR EDUCATION PURPOSE ONLY I WILL NOT TAKE ANY CLAIM FOR YOUR ACTIONS!! Last time when i posted about sql injection it was theoretical (...
Hey guys, I have not practically experienced it but a doubt came in my mind. Suppose i have obtained my IP from DHCP server and the server refreshes IP addresses...
HEY guys.. I am looking for a pic microcontroller that supports AT COMMANDS.. it's for our thesis project.. a water-level detector that automatically sends an SMS report. pls help..