C or Ansi C or C++

I have a query and I thought that this forum would be the appropriate one to ask. Here it goes:- What is the difference between ANSI C and C? Let us say that a person wants to take part in coding contests and opts for C (instead of ANSI C) as his programming language ( which obviously isn't a wise act ), then will he incur any difficulties? If a person knows C,then does he needs to learn ANSI C from scratch or is ANSI C just a method to provide a fixed set of rules to make programming in C uniform over the world? Another thing, is their anything as ANSI C++?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i'm searching for a mini project topic ..new techonoly topics....wich can be done wd .net ,java or python...
Maria Flor is celebrating her birthday today. Happy Birthday Maria. Tell us how are you celebrating your birthday? 😁 :myparty: 🎉:myparty::myparty:
I've just bought Netgear modem and after having heck of a time configuring it with my BSNL connection, found that the modem has been set to G.DMT mode. I searched...
FORA.tv - Robot Revolution: From the Lab to the World
please help me describe the various new systems and peripherals and software available in the market which could be used to implement the required solution namely: motherboard, processors and memory....