Bye, Bye Braille? How Wearable Ring Tech Could Help the Blind Read

Quote:
Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology #-Link-Snipped-# a prototype ring with a camera that allows a visually impaired person to “read” by scrolling a finger along a line of text—with software allowing a mobile phone or laptop to speak the words to the blind person in real time.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: From 3-D printed organs to a potential nanotech cancer cure developed by a teenager, MPMN has scoured the Internet to find 10 interesting medtech-related videos. Endquote https://www.qmed.com/mpmn/medtechpulse/10-really-cool-videos-related-medtech?cid=nl.qmed02
Quote USA has been at the forefront of medical device and technology innovation but other countries are not sitting pretty either. Here are five global startups changing the face of...
While many of Indian electrical engineers are writing & testing software for the big IT services companies, here's comes an inspiration - Mr. Naveen Rabelli. 33 year old Mr. Rabelli...
Hello, I am a currently working in an IT company. I would like to study further and do Masters in Technology. Please guide me how should I start the preparations...
A research team from Allen Institute for Brain Science has developed a new cost and time efficient technology named 'Virtual Finger' that lets the user navigate through digital images of...