Buy Microsoft Surface Tablet In India For Rs. 38,490

Microsoft is all set to shake the world with Windows 8 operating system release along with it's own rival to the iPad, Samsung tablets and the Kindle fire called the Microsoft Surface tablet. It turns out that you can buy Microsoft Surface in India for a price of Rs. 38490. The tablet will be shipped to you from USA as soon as it's made available. Check this eBay link: #-Link-Snipped-#

The tablet on sale is the RT 32 GB model. Note that this is the base model that does not ship with the much hyped touch-enabled smart cover. That means you will lose the ability to have a dedicated keyboard for your Surface tablet. I think keyboard is the biggest advantage to the tablet and one must not miss it. I'm also not sure whether the RT 32 GB model will work fine with the smart cover if purchased separately.

If you compare the price by converting dollars to equivalent amount in rupees, you'll find out that the tablet is being sold for approximately Rs. 12000 more in India. That, I think is justified because the Surface tablet will be imported from United States. It'll be interesting to watch how Microsoft prices their tablet in India upon official release here. Do you think the price for the Microsoft surface is justified?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Since I haven't got my hands-on the tiled Windows 8 OS over a tablet, I am pretty much intrigued by the Surface Tab and wants to use one. But them you have to make sure that this is the right device for you. If you want to run older Windows programs on a Surface tablet, you'll have to wait until early 2013 when Microsoft releases Surface with Windows 8 Pro (Surface Pro) powered by an Intel processor.

Coming to the price of the tablet - Surface has been priced way higher than its Android competitors. They say the pricing is supposed to compete with iPad. Surface has a great market and if there are enough people willing to throw a ton of money at a product then they're doing a good job pricing their products. Nobody asks if Apple products are expensive. They sell like crazy so the price works. 😘
    So, they can probably justify it, but would it strike a chord with the buyers or not - only time can tell?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Here's the specifications:
    Screen -> 10.6 inch 1366x768
    Front camera -> 0.9 MP
    Back camera -> 0.9 MP
    Battery -> Up to 8 he's
    Memory -> 32 GB or 64 GB
    Processor -> Quad core Tegra-3
    Size -> 274x172x9.3 mm, 676 gms
    Connectivity -> Wifi, BT
    OS -> Windows 8 RT
    Other features -> Microphone, MicroSD, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass.

I liked every specs, being honest.
    except OS.
    A big competition to Note 2 & iPad.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think the surface is a new product category that fits between the notebooks and the tablets. I like what they're doing with it and the Surface is getting lot of mixed response from the audience. I like the concept of physical keyboard integrated into cover, but the problem with this approach is that you can't operate the Surface in your lap. You must find a table or hard 'surface' to operate it. I'd have loved had Microsoft kept the pricing under Rs. 30k in India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

By now, the news must've reached every gadget freak here that Samsung and Google have launched the new ultra-slim Chromebook. It will run on an operating system revolving around Google’s...
Here's a thread dedicated to the 'full form' of the most common abbreviations used in daily life and in professional world. I'm quite sure, over a period of time, it...
Discuss anything about the atom in this thread. New experiments, old ones, what we don't know yet and what possibilities exist out there. I have a question, I came across...
I've been wondering if there's a way or mechanism to trace the current location of mobile via Internet or any other method. I recall a brief discussion we've had about...
I have one question with regards with staad. Staad takes into account series of combination load, takes the most critical and uses it in design. What makes my model so...