Butterfly Wings Look Completely Crazy Under an Electron Microscope

Quote:
Destin and Dr. Robert Simmons at Georgia State University revealed the tiniest details of a butterfly's wing using an LEO 1450VP scanning electron microscope that can view objects as small as 30 nanometers, smaller than most viruses. At full zoom, they found strikingly well-ordered, micrometer-sized structures that create the color of the butterfly's wing. Crazy cool stuff. At nearly 10 minutes, it's a longish video, but where else can you get such a close look at the biomechanics of a butterfly?
Endquote

Butterfly Wings Look Completely Crazy Under an Electron Microscope

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Spice Mobiles has launched the Spice Smart Flo Mettle 5X - a Android 4.2 Jelly Bean running smartphone in India. The phone features a 5-inch FWVGA Capacitive Touch display with...
on 24 nov 2013 i purchased devotional audio (mp3) the payment gateway was CCAvenue, but the transaction was unsuccessful but my money got detected. Then i filed complaint in the...
When it comes to rejecting big pay packages, I believe IIMs and IITans have a traditional lead. There are several people who've rejected big packages offered during campus placements. The...
Nvidia's portable gaming console called the Nvidia Shield is soon receiving an update that will make life awesome for gamers because it features compatibility with increased resolution for select compatible...
Flying drones seem to be getting a lot of attention these days. Amazon, world's largest retailer, is using flying drones to deliver parcels to their customers in just < 30...