Business ideas for civil engineers startup?

Inspired from the several discussions going on CrazyEngineers about business ideas for electrical engineers, I thought we should have one for civil engineers as well. A lot of engineers from the top institutes in India are going for their own startups or small-scale businesses right after graduation. The scenario is different in colleges from the smaller cities. There are no core companies visiting the campus for placements of civil engineers and most B.E./B.Tech Civil branch graduates are left with the only option of self-employment.

Now there's no dearth of ideas for business in the civil engineering industry. In fact, from what I am reading in the recent times, the entire infrastructure and construction industry is due for a major technological revolution. More than ever, now is the time to startup in this arena.

Areas that I think are very relevant business idea mongers for civil engineers:

1. Sustanability by designing
2. Rapid construction
3. Solar powered homes and offices
4. Green construction materials: rice husk, fly ash etc.
5. Automation of execution
6. Innovation in the designs

I am sure together we can come up some really workable business ideas that those looking for options can take up.

Replies

• Priscila Banqueri
    Priscila Banqueri
    I am a Civil Engineer in Brazil and I am looking for opportunities to be an entrepreneur - Google Search
  • sagar selarka
    sagar selarka
    I was so looking forward to find some answers on this post for myself but I myself being a civil engineer but I guess starting any business in civil needs a lot of experience.finance aswell
  • sagar selarka
    sagar selarka
    and if u have found something pls do share
  • Er. Pankaj
    Er. Pankaj
    Dear members, I completed my diploma in Civil engineering and then doing my graduation with distance mode and also doing job in field of High rise building, I want to start my own business in which i can design and construct residential building with help of architect and vastu Consultant.........Can you suggest me how to start and how much finance i required to start...
  • urvi kashyap
    urvi kashyap
    I had a startup idea in mind which involves rigorous participation from Civil engineers, architects, interior designers etc :
    Green Affordable Housing. These have been in practice in the west and it can easily be started in India as well. They range from ship container conversions, used airplane to be developed into housing societies etc.
    I have also posted a wiki link which also focuses on green buildings as well. People with better understanding of the subject can dwell deep.
  • Adwait Adbe
    Adwait Adbe

#-Link-Snipped-# 

Nice to see your post and taking first step in India. I am  Civil engineer with masters degree in structural engineering. I have 32+ years of experience in field and now want to participate in such type of innovative steps. I think if you can share your ideas, place of operation etc etc then I am confident that I can contribute to such ideas.  You can put your thoughts on my email ID 

Waiting for your response 

Regards

• Anurag Sisodia
    Anurag Sisodia

Hey guys,

I run my own foundation who help new comers in stabilizing new ideas in market. Our main motive is to support incubation in India and make entrepreneurs self dependent. We can provide expert guidance and financial support to make you survive in business world.

For more information please visit my website #-Link-Snipped-#.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am sure beginners like me who've started reading and writing about car only a few years back had a tough time understanding what certain car specifications meant. I realized...
Recently I was joined to internship for one month and I didn't got any certificate from them for what I did there in a small industry but I won't worry...
I feel very exciting,proud,responsible and purposeful at getting membership in CRAZY ENGINEERS COMMUNITY.I hope all of you will help and mentor me in my futuristic engineering career and my greetings...
Hi. I know this has been discussed many times and asked everywhere on web, but i want to discuss something new here also seeking advise. My first post here was...
How get a job in start up...