BusIndia - the IRCTC of online bus ticket reservation Vs. RedBus & Others

Busindia.com is aiming to be the IRCTC of online bus ticket reservations in India. The online bus reservation system was made popular by RedBus and since its acquisition we've seen a lot of startups get into the business [Read: Online bus reservation services in India ]. The Government of India is all set to launch a national transport portal with BusIndia.com.

Press Information Bureau of India has already sent out an invitation for the launch of portal on October 31, 2013: Check: #-Link-Snipped-# . I'm wondering if all the bus ticket reservation service providers should be scared?

Do you think this domain in the startup scene is getting overcrowded? Do you expect consolidation to begin in the next few months?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    yes other bus booking services should be scared as busindia.com would be a government governed one.people always prefer a government service due to the cost and service.
    i usually don't prefer private bus because of their high speed.
  • SVLL Connect
    SVLL Connect
    Nothing to scared in such things, infact competition makes the business healthy and innovative. If such competition take place in this kind of industry, after all benefit will goes to customer. Seeing this healthy competition we also launch our Online Bus Ticket Booking portal - SVLL Connect which is special in its own way. We appreciate all such efforts to grow business and facilities for customers.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looks like 'quit Facebook' movement is getting bigger. Though not directly related; Sri Lanka government doesn't want Lankans to be spending time on the world's largest social networking site. According...
TCS has introduced an email writing test for all the fresher candidates. We've been getting queries about how to crack the test, tips to prepare for the test. We're dedicating...
I read "How To Present Yourself In Seminar" such a dope thread. But question arises that How to create the presentation ? I mean how to create awesome PPT containing...
I have logged into my you tube account both in my pc and mobile.In both pc and mobile I am operating my account using same mail. If we subscribed to...
Among all the Indian Institutes Of Technology (IIT), IIT-Madras is turning out to be an innovation powerhouse. We've seen a lot of innovations coming out of IIT-M engineers in the...