Burst crackers only on Diwali night

Its the festive season. Diwali is nearing. 😀
Bursting crackers is something, people in India can't resist. Moreover, its a part of our tradition.

But, don't we all know that it is really harmful to the environment?

So, what measures can we take if not to curb, but at least control the situation?

One Solution is : Burst crackers only on Diwali night
There is no need of bursting them all the 5-6 days.

Other one is: Some vendors provide smoke-less crackers which aren't very costly. Why don't we use them?
We can also try to reduce some noise pollution by reducing the number of 'bombs' we explode.

Let's unite this Diwali with common motive of green environment.
CrazyEngineers - Uniting Engineers for a Safe and Green Diwali.

Comment here to show your support and add more suggestions for different ways in making this Diwali peaceful and environment friendly.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Since 10 years, I am not bursting any crackers for the sole reason of Environment.

People burst crackers for marriages , deaths , openings (shop , mall etc ) they even burst after elections!! I never understand why they have to do that :sad:

Good Initiative..

I dont burst crackers, even If I do, I will only use smoke less crackers -- Pledge taken (sandy)
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Me too since last 4 years i didn't burst any cracker
    infact i hate it
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    Well actually i am also did not burst any crackers for past three years but ya i do like to use crackers in Diwali but for the environment purpose it is very big deal not to use crackers which pollute our environment.

Do enjoy Diwali by doing some art work i means to say that use candles to give the special effects and avoid using crackers.

So have a step forward to keep environment safe and have a green Diwali.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ all three: Awesome guys. I hope more people join in here.

PS: It's not good to completely abandon bursting the crackers. But yes, we can definitely take measures to reduce the amount as much as possible. 😀
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    We should come forward to spread the awareness ,still many people are wasting thousand of money in one day by bursting crackers and all, this money can be given to some needy people ,It is an irony that when we are with our family members and celebrate the Deepawali with sweets, crackers, fireworks and special dishes, some of the people look at us with their hopeful eyes and with a gripe with The God, Why they can't celebrate the occasions like us?. The God gives us the chance to bring some happy moments in their lives. So please contribute some amount for such people.
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    @Cooldudeiet --> I am completely agree with you. In 2008 i was purchasing crackers for Dipawali, then i saw a little girl besides me. She was stared at the crackers. Then i give her some from mine. She smiles and run away. At that time i really felt happiness from my inside. After that i never burst even a single cracker and helps the needy persons on that day.
    There is one principle of mine that on every occasion, i tried to spread maximum happiness around me and i take decision to remove one of my weaknesses. And on the next year, at same occasion, i check myself for it. It gives me the real pleasure.
    I celebrates Dipawali by listening my favorite music and lightened candles.At this day we distributes sweets in all relations and neighborhood. It helps in to forget all misunderstandings happened in the whole year due to any reason, and for a celebration together!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Official Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...pdated-through-crazyengineers-daily-feed.html Discuss this announcement in this thread
I just read this article on Softpedia: Survey Says the Era of Wristwatches Is Almost Over - Softpedia It says: These days a wristwatch is becoming more of a style...
Micromax w900 is a Windows 6.5 professional powered phone meant for business users. This phone is sleek (112*55*14.2mm) and weighs only 113 grams. The display is 262K, 8.1cm WQVGA which...
Nokia has been advertising the latest smartphone, Nokia N8 with a tagline "What will you do with our amazing technology?" So the same question is for you - Tell us...
When the whole world is dependent on the US Giant Microsoft, the Russian State is taking a different route altogether. It plans to build a rival to Windows to become...