Burning code into 8051 chip?

I am student of first year electronics, I want to develop a circuit using 8051. I have the 8051 chip (AT89S51) but don't know how to transfer code into it. I searched and found that I need a burner, but when I searched for burner, I found many development board, do I have to purchase dev board? And also It will be great help if somebody tell me how to use that burner?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Abhinav100
    I am student of first year electronics, I want to develop a circuit using 8051. I have the 8051 chip (AT89S51) but don't know how to transfer code into it. I searched and found that I need a burner, but when I searched for burner, I found many development board, do I have to purchase dev board? And also It will be great help if somebody tell me how to use that burner?
    You can purchase one programmer from here:- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Amay1
    Amay1
    you don't need to purchase such expensive boards, if you just want to burn code. You can find many inexpensive ISP burners like
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Also you need one software for burning purpose like Flash Magic or ProgISP etc. I also started some time back and faced the same problem, one tutorial I want to share, which was very help ful for me:
    Getting Started with 8051 Microcontroller
  • lal
    lal
    I read somewhere that with an RS232 voltage level shifter chip in between, serial communication could be achieved with 8051 from PC and the same channel could be used to burn code without any extra hardware. I don't have hands on experience there! Some one has to confirm!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    lal
    I read somewhere that with an RS232 voltage level shifter chip in between, serial communication could be achieved with 8051 from PC and the same channel could be used to burn code without any extra hardware. I don't have hands on experience there! Some one has to confirm!
    To be more specific AT89s51/52 do have UART for serial communication. You'll need MAX232 too.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On 15th October at Somerset House in Central London, Proto Labs are jointly hosting a series of master classes and workshops designed to help you accelerate your innovations into a...
Global e-commerce company Amazon has launched Fire, its most affordable tablet that costs just $49.99 (3308 INR). You can easily deduct from the name “Fire” that Amazon is banking quite...
hello!!! i have an aggregate of 60+% in my first 6 semesters of engineering ,i had a back in one subject of 4th semester which i cleared in 2nd attempt,now...
Do you see your future working upstream or downstream? If you’re looking to work in the oil and gas industry, knowing what role suits you and understanding more about the...
dear sir iam rk from cse tream I need small suggestion on choosing my miniproject on java thank in advance