B.Tech Project:Converting A Hand Drawn Diagram To A neat Diagram

The project aims at converting a rough hand drawn diagram to a neat diagram.
Is it a good project for B.Tech level?Please tell how to go about it??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tanu!
    I think it's a very interesting project. In fact, Samsung's already using this technology in their Smartphone; the 'S-Note' app. The app allows you to write in your own handwriting using a stylus (s-pen) and then tries to guess each letter and then words. It goes beyond and also allows you to write complex mathematical symbols using hand and then turns them into correct operators.

The same goes with geometric drawings. It'd be really great if you could implement this. I'd propose a web-based editor that lets you do this with mouse!
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it's a very interesting project. In fact, Samsung's already using this technology in their Smartphone; the 'S-Note' app. The app allows you to write in your own handwriting using a stylus (s-pen) and then tries to guess each letter and then words. It goes beyond and also allows you to write complex mathematical symbols using hand and then turns them into correct operators.

The same goes with geometric drawings. It'd be really great if you could implement this. I'd propose a web-based editor that lets you do this with mouse!
    Sir please help me how to go about this project?Is it possible in C#.net??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    tanu!
    Sir please help me how to go about this project?Is it possible in C#.net??
    The choice of technology would be totally dependent on the feature set you want for the project. The first step in this direction would be to write down all the features you need in this project and describe them. This would be called a 'Product Requirements Specifications' (PRS). I think you should first work on the PRS and then we can think about the technology, language or tools that'd be required for the project.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tanu!
    This is potential project. I see how it is difficult to draw schematics in particular tool. This software can make the process easy as we just need to draw rough sketch and that's it.

๐Ÿ‘ For this project.
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    This is potential project. I see how it is difficult to draw schematics in particular tool. This software can make the process easy as we just need to draw rough sketch and that's it.

๐Ÿ‘ For this project.
    Thank you very much Sir.
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The choice of technology would be totally dependent on the feature set you want for the project. The first step in this direction would be to write down all the features you need in this project and describe them. This would be called a 'Product Requirements Specifications' (PRS). I think you should first work on the PRS and then we can think about the technology, language or tools that'd be required for the project.
    Thank you sir but i am just a newbie in this field and i don't have much time also. I have to start working on project and that too only in .net. I don't have any idea how to work for PRS ๐Ÿ˜”. OK i'll google it.
    Sir what i have in my mind is that the rough picture will be an input thorough webcam or scanning.Now there would be some kind of graphics algo to rasterize the distorted lines into proper geomatrical shapes to be converted into a neat diagram.Please sir tell me whether i am on the right way??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does 'PRS' sound scary to you? It's a simple, but systematic document that lists all the features of your project. That's all about it. Nothing geeky. Just write down all the points one by one with proper description so that anyone can understand what the project is about and what does it do.
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does 'PRS' sound scary to you? It's a simple, but systematic document that lists all the features of your project. That's all about it. Nothing geeky. Just write down all the points one by one with proper description so that anyone can understand what the project is about and what does it do.
    This is the first time i am making any project ever ๐Ÿ˜” . I gt about PRS. Just i have a conflict in my mind whether it is good for B.TECH ?
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya

๐Ÿ‘ For this project.
    Sir do you think will it be considered as a Major B.Tech project?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tanu!
    Sir do you think will it be considered as a Major B.Tech project?
    Why not ? You can show it's importance to real life and it will be major project.
    And if your professors thinks this is simple project then ask them to complete it within semester time and I will pay for it. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    Why not ? You can show it's importance to real life and it will be major project.
    And if your professors thinks this is simple project then ask them to complete it within semester time and I will pay for it. ๐Ÿ˜›
    Omg ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    I think there would be some kind of algo to implement it. I wish if would be able to devlop it within semester time. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tanu!
    Omg ๐Ÿ˜€
    If they rejects this topic the I am sure they are dumb !
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    If they rejects this topic the I am sure they are dumb !
    Actually here nobody gives values unless and untill they are asked to create that on there own ๐Ÿ˜”. Anyways thanks sir for considering it as a good project.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tanu!
    I think there would be some kind of algo to implement it. I wish if would be able to devlop it within semester time. ๐Ÿ˜”
    Even if you are not able to complete it within semester time your junior can carry forward your research. I wish your professor can understanding this.

Just imagine if Edison has a final year project on Lamp in India !
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    Even if you are not able to complete it within semester time your junior can carry forward your research. I wish your professor can understanding this.

Just imagine if Edison has a final year project on Lamp in India !
    Sir i am not studying in any IIT. Nobody is interested to do anything innovative here ๐Ÿ˜”.
    Now I just wanted to do something good and also which i can complete myself. I can't choose something like that because the project is for the whole team and i can't take spoil there B.Tech with mine. Still i am looking forward for a good project although i don't have any such skills. I just can only do programming which is my cup of tea.I wish if there would have been any project completely dependent on programming.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    This project is super possible Matrix interfacing of surface is already available in the market in the form of Leap Motion

Try some innovations in the existing Design and I think you will be rewarded richly
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tanu!
    Sir i am not studying in any IIT. Nobody is interested to do anything innovative here ๐Ÿ˜”.
    Now I just wanted to do something good and also which i can complete myself. I can't choose something like that because the project is for the whole team and i can't take spoil there B.Tech with mine. Still i am looking forward for a good project although i don't have any such skills. I just can only do programming which is my cup of tea.I wish if there would have been any project completely dependent on programming.
    It's fine !
    I suggest you to go with Raspberry Pi based project.
    Mixing electronics with computer programming will make your project unique.
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    It's fine !
    I suggest you to go with Raspberry Pi based project.
    Mixing electronics with computer programming will make your project unique.
    I wanted to work on .net and embedded is also not my field ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tanu!
    I wanted to work on .net and embedded is also not my field ๐Ÿ˜”
    Well I am not sure about .Net !

You can make some PC based application in .net
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    Well I am not sure about .Net !

You can make some PC based application in .net
    Thats the only option i have because i don't wanna go for embedded field for now.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    tanu!
    Thats the only option i have because i don't wanna go for embedded field for now.
    Great !

It would be great if you keep updated one dedicate thread on CE which shows your progress and work.
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Harshad Italiya
    Great !

It would be great if you keep updated one dedicate thread on CE which shows your progress and work.
    I'll try my best till i get a good project topic ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    Conqueror
    This project is super possible Matrix interfacing of surface is already available in the market in the form of Leap Motion

Try some innovations in the existing Design and I think you will be rewarded richly
    Sir please tell the detail of that technology?Is there any site form where we can get details of this?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I gave a link there in the words leap motion do check it out

That will visually give you the working I don't think patented material will not be revealed out easily
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    tanu!
    Sir what i have in my mind is that the rough picture will be an input thorough webcam or scanning.Now there would be some kind of graphics algo to rasterize the distorted lines into proper geomatrical shapes to be converted into a neat diagram.Please sir tell me whether i am on the right way??
    Yes, the graphics conversion is an interesting challenge. If you are using the .NET framework, then you are familiar with C# yes?

Once you scan the image (via webcam or scanner), you'll need to run image processing on it. How I would do it is to perform edge detection processes to identify lines and shapes.

You can check out this link for image processing with C# using the AForge.Net: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Tanu Singh
    Tanu Singh
    ash
    Yes, the graphics conversion is an interesting challenge. If you are using the .NET framework, then you are familiar with C# yes?

Once you scan the image (via webcam or scanner), you'll need to run image processing on it. How I would do it is to perform edge detection processes to identify lines and shapes.

You can check out this link for image processing with C# using the AForge.Net: #-Link-Snipped-#
    ya i am using C# for my project.And thank you so much,your link helped me to find a new idea to proceed. Thanks alot!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I found this on the Internet and started thinking. Why do we have to always step out of our comfort zone to achieve success or achieve 'anything'? Why are we...
Sir,I am using samsung galaxy y.I am not able to upload file while starting discussion.when i select upload file,it opens a tab with choose option.i selected a file and choosed...
Hello fellow CEans If you own an android device and want to customize its theme to something interesting and different than what you have always been seeing,then here is a...
sharing amazing ideas with engineers, who are unbeatable and unbreakable with respect to crazy mind techniques
Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo Inc continues its acquisition run and is set to acquire a software firm Xobni Corp for about $70 Million. Yahoo is also planning to utilize...