BSNL seems to have blocked SSH Port 22

Since last tuesday I am facing a strange issue with BSNL I am not able to connect with aws instance through port 22
Is anyone else facing same problem?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I have been using SFTP/SSH comfortably and haven't faced any issue. It could be a temporary issue.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    are you on bsnl broadband?
    I just received message due to malware attack they have blocked port 22
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Can't access our servers from home either.
    I have changed SSH service default port and it seems working fine.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Manish Goyal
    are you on bsnl broadband?
    I just received message due to malware attack they have blocked port 22
    I'm not in the office now and have limited access from mobile. Will try it out and let you know. But I did access our test servers using SFTP and SSH and it didn't have any issue. I use BSNL FTTH connection.

Update: A lot of people seem to be facing issue with port22 connection, and I think the problem could be real. I'm unable to verify it at the moment. Not sure if this s region specific.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Got this message at random while I was performing routine server maintenance task. Not sure what I did because it popped up while I was closing a few browser tabs.

Dear FTTH Customer

Please Ensure that your device/modem/system is SAFE by following the instructions below.
    Security guidelines for FTTH ONTS:

• #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    • #-Link-Snipped-#
    General guidelines:
    • Enable Firewall in ONT as well as on Computer.
    • Turn off Modems while not in use.
    • Download #-Link-Snipped-# from #-Link-Snipped-# and run at regular intervals .
    • Install and maintain updated anti-virus and anti-malware software on your system.
    • Scan computer with anti-virus regularly.
    • Use genuine software only.
    • Keep up-to-date patches and fixes on the operating system and application software.
    • Exercise caution while opening unknown email attachments.
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    For maximum security they should add, "Replace Windows with Linux" to the general guidelines.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    KenJackson
    For maximum security they should add, "Replace Windows with Linux" to the general guidelines.
    True, but it's still damn difficult for the masses to use. You may argue that the GUI distros are tad easy; but it's the familiarity with the interface that keeps people going. I switched from Windows to OSX (now MacOS) and have began finding Windows difficult to use ๐Ÿ˜ .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In written reply to the RajyaSabha by minister of state for finance Santosh Kumar Gangwar, 11.44 lakhs of PAN Card has been deleted/deactivated. Many people have been found holding Multiple...
Quote: Bolted joints are often tightened to 75% to 80% of bolt proof load. This amount of tightening, a rule of thumb, is suitable for many joints, but in some...
After many leaks and teasers online Samsung has finally made its flagship Galaxy S8 Active official. Designed around a metal frame with an improved, rugged structure, the device is shock-,...
Swipe Technologies have launched a new smartphone at a glittering press event just a few hours ago. The Swipe Elite VR was launched today and has gone up for sale...
Entry-level smartphones are a plenty in the Indian smartphone market and just today we have got a new smartphone in the same category with the Karbonn A41 Power. The Karbonn...