BSNL Broadband Revised Plan: Min. 2 Mbps Across All Plans

BSNL has now revised the minimum speed it will offer to all its customers through revised broadband plans. The new scheme now makes the base speed at 2 Mbsp, subject to usage defined by fair usage policy (FUP). Once the FUP limit is crossed, the speed will drop down to 512 kbps. The plans will be rolled out all over India by October 1.

The problem however is with the FUP limit. BSNL has not made any changes to the data download limit. With the higher speed, users are likely to consume all their data limit quickly. For example, the BB Home Combo ULD 800 offers you speed of 2 Mbps for first 6 GB of download, which will then drop to 512 Kbps. Not something you'd expect when Airtel and Reliance Jio are promising to offer speeds 50 times faster!

I personally have a very good experience of BSNL broadband, but have always complained to their authorities to up the data-limits. A 16 GB FTTH connection quickly eats up all the 125 GB it promises for about ~Rs. 6700 per month, with all the taxes included.

I just hope BSNL authorities learn quickly and upgrade the scheme as soon as possible.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WHAT ARE THE PREPARE FOR GATE EXAM & NEXT LEVEL STEP?
what is the trophy points?
China's rapid rail network will expand to cover almost 80% of the cities with popular over half a million by 2020. China's high-speed railway network (HSR) is already the biggest...
The Apple-1 computer, hand-crafted by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak has been put for auction by Bonhams. This piece of history is available with a price tag between $300,000 to $500,000;...
With respect, i want to ask you about my project, which i didn't decide yet, i study in the field of IT, and i want to make a project on...