Broadband Rates In India Likely To Go Up?

ISPAI aka the Internet Service Providers Authority India, has just announced that the Internet broadband rates in India are likely to go up in coming days. The change in pricing scheme has been forced because of the new licensing structured issued by the Government of India.

The change in licensing fee is said to be aimed at providing lower call rates and internet facilities to rural India. I however believe that it's unnecessary. What do you think?

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Long Live Stupidity.
    Thats all I can say. Very unfortunate to see India is going backward. When its time to reduce the rates and increase speeds with unlimited data usage, what we actually see is a hike in rates for bs reasons.
  • max0077
    max0077
    Now we have to disconnect our own connection and work hard on cracking neighbours WIFI password...😒
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    [Prototype]
    Long Live Stupidity.
    Thats all I can say. Very unfortunate to see India is going backward. When its time to reduce the rates and increase speeds with unlimited data usage, what we actually see is a hike in rates for bs reasons.
    As someone just said in another thread - it could just be government's move to deepen their pockets so that they're ready for the upcoming elections.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Wipro Infotech has bagged the contract to manage IT operations for the International Airport @ Mumbai. Wipro's main responsibility will be to ensure that the IT operations run smooth using...
There has always been a discussion about why India has not produced a global IT company that doesn't act as a service center for the leading software/IT/hardware/banking companies, despite having...
Most of the projects or research, I believe has been aimed at improving the efficiency of conversion of solar energy to electrical (solar cells) or heat energy (solar heaters). I'm...
Hello friend's As we know android rocks on mobiles and tablets. Some of my friend's are saying that android desktop version is coming and this time Microsoft finds a big...
By an official tweet ; samsung galaxy s4 is likely to be released on march 14.. here is a glimpse of s4