Mahesh Dahale
    Very bad news :sshhh:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: The site is accessible at: #-Link-Snipped-#

Looks like the site has been restored.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    this is a common nowadays.. Everyday some sites get hacked. Lots of people are indulging in these acts especially college & school students.
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    No surprise after twitter and even techcrunch got hacked. And by the way, all of them (including TCS) suffered from a DNS attack
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Thats Bad, Still it looks that hacker are doing better than makers. Biggest of recent attacks was attack on Google Server.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Even CrazyEngineers was hacked about two years ago. There was no loss of data though.
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    crazyboy
    Thats Bad, Still it looks that hacker are doing better than makers. Biggest of recent attacks was attack on Google Server.

-CB
    CB,
    The google hack was due to insiders, BTW. These attacks were DNS attacks
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    The_Big_K,

would it be possible for you to tell what exactly happened?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    rishabh_destiny
    The_Big_K,

would it be possible for you to tell what exactly happened?
    Yep. The attack was simple enough because the file permissions were not set properly on the server. It was very easy for the hacker to compromise two files in the HTML Root of the server.

No site is 100% secure, unfortunately.
  • rishabh_destiny
    rishabh_destiny
    The_Big_K
    because the file permissions were not set properly on the server.

oops!! 😒

The_Big_K
    No site is 100% secure, unfortunately.
    No doubt!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    True that. It is a lot harder to protect than to hack. Of all the protection that a webmaster has to consider, it only takes one small hole to bring it all down. Furthermore, that website has to be in public domain, while the cracker can hide behind countless anonymous proxies.
  • lal
    lal
    I think its a big challenge to protect a website from hacking!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    cool ,,nice work
    i wanna meet these people.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

generate a program to find out how many processors are running at the N machines by devoloping a client server model using a UNIX environment. it would be better to...
hai friends :smile: am ME- POWER ELECTRONICS AND DRIVES student .am in need of very good ideas for presenting papers related to my field. its very urgent .is there any...
I need to create an application which can transfer files using wi-fi connection (something very similar to bluetooth file transfer). We know that wi-fi is used to connect to a...
i am confussed about my project on telecommunication please tell me where the proper matter is available.😕
Hello CE people!! Im Avni doing electrical and electronics engineering.... have loved the forum... its greatly helpful.. most of it helps in searching the site only...!! I dint have to...