Bouncers In College - Justified?

Gujarat University pioneered the concept of having bouncers in colleges - and it's cascaded to other Universities in the state. Bouncers - the big guys who 'kick off' the troublemakers out of discotheques have now been employed to do the same in colleges. The college authorities who employ these bouncers say that they not only help prevent student clashes in colleges but also help controlling the anti-social activities, elements inside the campus premises.

Read more about the news here: After vice chancellor, Ahmedabad colleges get bouncers | Ahmedabad News - Times of India

I wish to know whether having bouncers in college is justified or not? Express your thoughts!

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Yes it is good to have some extra security when it comes to unnecessary physical violence. Plus the main idea would be the protection of everybody. Now this must have implementation under various committees like

1. Anti-Ragging Cell
    2. Sexual Harassment Cell
    3. Disciplinary Action Cell
    4. Maintenance Department and many related committees.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Anti ragging squad and other squad members become prime targets by student elements Once they are caught alone they are in bigger trouble

But One thing is for sure most how do you think the member of the cell don't misuse his post in other words Who will Bell the Cat
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    everything in the world has both positives and negatives but the fact is which had more concentration is important.
    Bouncers=>can be a control device for governing council.They act puppet for management.
    What can happen if managenent uses this power to override students?
    Does it ignite chaos between the students and the management¿
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    everything in the world has both positives and negatives but the fact is which had more concentration is important.
    Bouncers=>can be a control device for governing council.They act puppet for management.
    What can happen if managenent uses this power to override students?
    Does it ignite chaos between the students and the management¿

That is not the idea behind that. Bouncers are placed in place just like guards. Apart from that they can give physical treatment to the trouble makers is the idea here. this will keep things on the leash. And I don't think management is trying to over ride the students. It is a move for their well being.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone tell me the books to follow for IES exams? And tips to crack IES
Hi, I am doing my mini project on the topic VLSI implementation of adders for high speed ALU We are comparing various adders like Carry save, carry select, carry skip,...
Hi All, While commuting to office I usually listen to my radio in my car. My office is close to CM's (chief Minister's) office. So very often they roam here...
I checked out the descriptions of access point, wireless repeater and range extenders but failed to see any major difference between these. It'd be really nice if someone could clearly...
Hello guys, I am putting forward a discussion which is completely related to Business and Marketing domain. We know that one of the main reasons of degrading of Indian Market...