Bought stuff, need to piece together a degree project

Hello everyone. My last year is coming up and I need some ideas on an innovative degree project. I decided to buy a UC3B0256 on a development board with a JTAG to get a taste of what I could do with that, and i'm still trying to get a grasp. I also bought another UC3B0256 chip, an accelerometer, a wireless transciever, a motion detector etc. Basically anything that was relatively cheap that I could tinker with.

The UC3B line of uCs also has a DSP instruction set, i don't know if it's limited in any way, but this could open up some more ideas. What I was hoping to do was to buy a second wireless transceiver and have the first uC bridge the gap between a computer and the second development uC. This would allow me to perform some sort of wireless interaction between the first board and a computer. But from there, what sort of useful function could I have the development board do?

Another idea was to have the two boards connected by SPI, and develop some sort of robot which makes use of them in some interesting way.

I'll provide some datasheets and what not if anyone is interested in helping me with more ideas.

Thanks

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice! 60 MHz, 32 bit RISC and with 20 bit PWMs! *drools*

What are the dimensions of the development board? A robot with image processing functionality would be a good start. You may to invest in more powerful sensors if you want to take advantage of the chip's full capabilities though. In addition, since this chip has an embedded USB host controller, you can connect a myriad of USB devices to it!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Wow Looking forward to see some more updates!

and all the best for your project.
  • bacon1989
    bacon1989
    ash
    Nice! 60 MHz, 32 bit RISC and with 20 bit PWMs! *drools*

What are the dimensions of the development board? A robot with image processing functionality would be a good start. You may to invest in more powerful sensors if you want to take advantage of the chip's full capabilities though. In addition, since this chip has an embedded USB host controller, you can connect a myriad of USB devices to it!
    Hello ash,

The development board I was able to get my hands on was the #-Link-Snipped-#
    I can't seem to get my hands on the dimensions, none of the datasheets seem to offer any.

As for the sensors, I invested specifically in:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I was thinking about mounting the accelerometer and my spare uc3b0256 onto schmartboards for #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# and then working from there. A robot seems feasible, but i'm hoping to keep a tight budget. If you could recommend some cheap internet outlets for motors and the like, that would be great!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A new variant of the Zeus Trojan virus has affected thousands of computer users in the UK. The Zeus V3 virus affected around 3000 customers.Those affected are customers of a...
hey i passed btech,cse this year only. not placed because of my hard luck.. now what should i do? m in delhi and there is hardly any walkin for fresher....
Follow this link: Beauty of the Web The beta version of Internet Explorer will be released to the public on September 15, 2010. What do you expect from IE this...
hi freind's........i decided to do an project based on wireless mobile charging in the range of 1km .so please guide me how to start my project and finish it effectively....😁😁😁
Subrata Datta, a Hyderabad-based engineer, has invented a matchbox-sized device that can power homes even during power cuts. SOURCE:- https://www.siliconindia.com/shownew..._medium=Email&utm_campaign=Weekend Newsletter PS-I don't understand what is the main purpose of...